cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLAKE
Message 1 of 5

CALL SIGN SET UP

I really hope that someone can help me with this as I have spent the whole morning speaking to people at BT who have been no help whatsoever.

I set up the CALL SIGN feature with BT in December and it seemed to be working. I have one number for work calls and another for personal calls. However, now it is the same ring tone for each number. The Bt representative said that I probably need to buy a new phone.... Is this true. If so which phone do I need to buy, The BT product website offers no information on this?I spoke to my Phone manufacturer (panasonic) who had never even heard of CALL SIGN.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: CALL SIGN SET UP

Is it a DECT base station and handsets that you have, as many of those cannot detect if the ring is different, they simply play their own tones when they detect ringing current?

If you can select non-polyphonic ring tones, then that can help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

You could always use a callsign switch, this looks a bit like a double adaptor. One socket is your normal landline number and the other is your callsign number.

You could plug Panasonic into the normal line socket and maybe get another cordless for the call sign socket.

Maybe not ideal but if needed you could ignore the business line (callsign) or send the calls to an answering machine if you did not want to answer the call.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
gerrybuk
Message 4 of 5

I've also just added Call Sign because although I have a BT Voip line, the new BT Hub 3 router doesn't have a phone line port so can only use a soft phone. I ordered Call Sign to replace that and to provide a different number and a different ring tone for another service we offer. However, after "forgetting" to send the email that advised me of the new number, which I finally got  today 3 weeks after getting the service , I found out that it cannot provide a different ring tone as I have DECT phones and the call sign switch option at £24 + shipping is also a non-starter. I assume my only option is to buy the cheapest "standard" corded phone that I can to use primarily as ringer.

It seems that it would have been useful if someone at BT may have mentioned this, but as the first advisor that I sopke to didn't even know what the service was this is just another example of what a stunningly incompetent and institutionally inept company BT is.

0 Ratings
PMDewener
Message 5 of 5

This sort of helped. I got the different ringtones but the caller display only worked for the first ring, then is just said 'incoming call'. I decided the caller display was more use to me than call sign so I unplugged the second phone.

0 Ratings