cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Call Barring - again!

There have been quite a few threads on this. I've not read every one of them but I did read 'Call Barring' https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Call-Barring/td-p/1388629.

Thanks pottyperson - you've just got a star for your link. The pdf document isn't the clearest document I've ever read so can anyone help with the following, please:

(1) There is a range of charges depending upon the number of features selected. In the document is a long list including Call Diversion, Call Waiting, Ring Back, 1471, BT Answer 1571, Call Barring, Anonymous Call Rejection ('withheld' numbers), Choose to Refuse and others. Is each one of these classed as a Feature or for example do all those starting with 'Call' count as one?

(2) How much does it cost to call 1571? I have an answerphone so it costs me nothing at the moment.

(3) How much does it cost to call 1471? I already have 1471 and it's free.

(4) I already have Ring back and it's free.

(5) The scale of costs is One Calling Feature - £3.50 a month, Two to four Calling Features - £7 a month and Five Calling Features - £9.35 a month with increases on 1st December.

I will need seven features. How much will that cost or is five the maximum. (It can't be, surely?) 

I am  being plagued by spam/phishing calls mainly from India but also from Liverpool. It can be fun - I get to practice my foreign accents - but when I rang BT yesterday a charming, most helpful lady told me to replce my current BT Edge 1500 Trio with BT8500 and I'd get all of the above features for £4.89 per month.

So you can see why I'm confused! I'm off to the online BT Shop to see if that'll help - BT haven't any BT shops nowadays I think.

Anh help will be much appreciated - having just changed from BT Mail to Outlook (no spam/no phishing now!), I'm seriously considering changing to another supplier for phones or even just using  mobiles with a home base. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Call Barring - again!

Hi Taffy078,

Thanks for posting. If you're still having problems I'll be happy to help. Just drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Just to say a huge 'thank you' to NEIL. He phoned me, went through the problem and solutions in very clear and plain English - no Teccy-talk!

It seems that the best option is as the first lady said - to upgrade to more modern phones as they should have the features that I want (Block International/Block Anonymous). They're built into the phones - to build them into the phone system would be very expensive and the cost would have to be passed on to all customers. 

DavidM - will you alert Neil to this please? Thanks. I hope that BT will use Neil's script for their Customer Help Centre and also for their on-line PDF. His expalnation was so much better!

Email received - survey on way back.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your kind words Taffy078. I am glad you got all sorted. 

I have passed your comments onto Neil.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings