Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 81 of 99

Re: Call Diversion With Bypass Number

Hi Mike,

Really pleased people are now getting what they wanted in the first place.

I got a BT message a couple of hours ago giving me a ref number and saying job was complete. Got home and put main phone on divert to mobile, then called the home number with home phone and it diverted to mobile.Then rang from mobile to by-pass number and it rang my fax. Brill, all sorted. Even got a mail from Paul early afternoon saying job done can I test it and let him know if all okay.

Please BT, give your customer service more training, taking Paul as an example. Without his help and knowledge BT would have lost some long standing customers...and probably have done !!

Regards to all.

Tim.

0 Ratings
chriswov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 99

Hi Tim,

With luck my swap takes place Wed 25/8 so I'll have to get my head around installing a business hub as it appears my  BT  h hub is different. Now that we have saved our numbers does anyone know much about "Hosted VoIP"and whether it is possible to port the bypass number to this service? On the face of it this would retain all the benefits of a bypass number (i.e. not an actual 2nd line) but offer a greater degree of flexibility in handling these calls. Just a thought.

Chris.

0 Ratings
Jet200
Message 83 of 99

Hi Tim,

No response by emailing the moderator as per the update by the moderator - are you able to post pauls email address again, I should have copied it down when it was still on the site....

Cheers Jane
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hector-Glasgow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 99

Well I'm a bit of a grumpy old Hector now!

My number swap was meant to happen tomorrow but I get home late tonight and find that my line has been totally cut off. No dialling tone, nothing. Phone faults and find that because it's after 9pm nothing can be done other than confirm that neither of my numbers appears to be connected. I'm meant to have a 24 hour priority repair service but there seems no way to access it and since it's not actually urgent on this occasion I'll just phone at 8am - that is, if my gnashing of teeth doesn't keep me awake all night!

0 Ratings
Jet200
Message 85 of 99

Hi Hector,  Sorry to hear the not so good news but hopefully swap will still happen tomorrow - do you have pauls email address please - as emailing the moderator is not working.

Jane

0 Ratings
mtotham
Contributor
Message 86 of 99

Hi Jane

It may not be obvious on this forum but I sent you a PM earlier with the details as the mods deleted the details in open forum

Mike

0 Ratings
Jet200
Message 87 of 99

cheers Mike, have sent you a PM in response. Will keep all posted as to how it goes.
0 Ratings
postmark
Beginner
Message 88 of 99

An update on my situation

I am with BT (For now) two lines with incoming call barring and bypass- letter received giving months notice (which has now passed).

I contacted the Post Office and explained my situation. They said, due to their relationship with Openreach they can transfer me on a 'like for like' basis, not lose my numbers and continue...

So I said yes, transfer date is the 18/09 and my existing numbers are all working fine.

So - what will happen on the 18th? Will it all fall in a heap?

BT are about to loose £100/ month from me.

Fingers crossed..

postmark

0 Ratings
TNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 99

Hi ' Postmark'.

I was the one who created such a rumpus in BT (domestic and business ) that we all managed to keep our main number and by-pass number, but only if we went over to BT Business. At the time domestic said it could not be done but due to a superb tecnician in the business unit, it was done fine.

I had my changeover on 27/08/10 and all is working as before, but just costing a bit more !!

Does it seem now that BT domestic are offering to keep the main and by-pass number the same ?

Tim.

0 Ratings
postmark
Beginner
Message 90 of 99

SUCCESS!- Well Im now with Post Office telecom and retained my four numbers and cheaper line rental than BT. I guess thats what BT wanted - I certainly was not going to pay extra for the same service. I intend to make a complaint to the regulator re the 'forced price increase' if I were  to stay with BT.

postmark

0 Ratings