Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jpdlin
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Call Line Identification not working or almost a year

Go to solution

Hi, Last year I agreed to 'commit' to BT for another full years contract and was ecpecting 'free' Call Line Identification. A service I was previousley paying for.  CLI stopped working on the contract changeover date and has not worked since.  I have called BT on a number of occaisions and have been told a number of things, however CLI has never been restarted on my phone, I just gave up -- But today I get an email from Libby Barr inviting me to renew my free CLI - how to an insult to injury.  Perhaps one of the moderators would like to look into this before I terminate my contracts with BT completely.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Call Line Identification not working or almost a year

Go to solution

@jpdlin wrote:

before I terminate my contracts with BT completely.

How would that help the CLI, as it may be a line or equipment fault?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi jpdlin,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry for these problems.  We can pick this up and get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jpdlin
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Whilst I agree cancelling my contract will not help the problem, as a customer I have no other option available to me if BT cannot resolve the situation to my satisfaction. As with any Supplier/Customer relationship.
0 Ratings
jpdlin
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Contacted by the Executive Level Service Team Following my Email to Libby Barr. The problem has now been resolved.
0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Caller Display/BT Privacy - call it as you will - is, as above and elsewhere on this Forum an absolute minefield.

I also received the email saying I would shortly be charged for the service (my free year ended on 2 Jan) but I have been charged since mid November last year and getting manual credits after complaining about each bill but - I also have Unlimited Anytime Call Plan and this includes BT Privacy and Caller Display at no extra charge.

My argument is that the system sees the Caller Display Annual Contract but does not relate it to the fact that the service is free with the Anytime Calls Add-on.

I've put this to the Executive Complaints Section.

As part of an attempt to resolve the issue I rang the SalesTeam and asked how the system could possible charge me for Caller Display etc when I had it free with the Anytime Calls Add-on.  Despite every attempt I feel my question was just not understood because all I got was "you can have Caller Display free for another 12 months if you take out a contract for another year starting today"   I explained I already had it for free in my Anytime Calls Add-on which expired in May 2015 - point still not understood.

So I asked, out of interest, what can you offer me then.

I was quote for a new 12 month contract and a new 18 month contract - I repeated back the costs and conditions but when I referred to the 18 months contract and said you are saying I will get BTPrivacy and Caller Display free for 18 months I was told "NO" it will only be free for the first 12 months of that 18 months.

How on earth, I asked, can you agree an 18 months contract when bits of it only last for 12 months.

I virtually gave up the will to live and declined any change and forwarded the whole thing to the CEO.

My comments have been acknowledged and I await an outcome.

Incidentally the quotes were 23% more than my current tariff when inflaction was around 1% and I pointed out that they were currently advertising rates to new customers which were 53% lower than my current tariff - and not acceptable.

Now I know where the cash for BT Sport and the acquisition of Orange/Tmobile is coming from  -- ME.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Very understanding responses from CEO's Team and resolution in hand.

Due apologies for the new contract quotes from the Sales Team (as above) - offered better which would include BT Privacy and Caller Display free of charge.

0 Ratings