Did you mean: 
Highlighted
northshields
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Call Protect - Dialling 1572

I have signed up tp Call Protect. When I look at the account online I see this

2 calls sent to your junk voicemail

However, when I then dial 1572 I am told that I have no messages. Would this be because the callers simply put the phone down as soon as it went through to Call Protect? I wonder whether it would be helpful to show the number of messages in voicemail as well as the number of calls that have been diverted? Perhaps even the phone numbers that have been diverted just in case any are not really spam at all?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
vernon
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call Protect - Dialling 1572

I have today signed up to Call Protect - and from experiments it seems to do what it claims to do.

I appreciate the recorded message given to withheld number callers asking them to redial without withholding their number.

At home I have an answering machine that blinks a red light to indicate I have messages waiting.  But I am puzzled as to how I will know whether I have any junk messages.  Do I have to dial 1572 several times a day or am I expected to keep my BT account open online?  You never know, that withheld number “junk” message might be one I actually need to hear.

I would have hoped that maybe my dial tone would change to indicate that I have a message, like it does with a normal online answering phone using 1571.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call Protect - Dialling 1572

@northshields wrote:

I have signed up tp Call Protect. When I look at the account online I see this

2 calls sent to your junk voicemail

However, when I then dial 1572 I am told that I have no messages. Would this be because the callers simply put the phone down as soon as it went through to Call Protect?  Spammers will not bother leaving a message.  I wonder whether it would be helpful to show the number of messages in voicemail as well as the number of calls that have been diverted? Perhaps even the phone numbers that have been diverted just in case any are not really spam at all?

If the numbers are withheld, or unrecognised, there is nothing to be shown.  If it is someone that knows you, but have witheld their number for whatever reason, then they can alway leave you a message.

0 Ratings