Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Call Protect Exchange Support

Hello,

I have just ordered online Call Protect with 1571.

A standard follow-up 'order update' email from btcomms@bt.com states my exchange does not support Call Protect:

BT Answer 1571 with BT Call Protect - a personal voicemail service that answers your calls when you're away from your phone, plus a feature that lets you choose which calls you want to take and which ones to send straight to a separate junk voicemail. It includes our VIP and Do Not Disturb features, which give you more control over the calls you receive.

We're sorry, but we haven't been able to give you BT Call Protect because your telephone exchange doesn't support it.

A subsequent email from btcomms@bt.com to verify the order has completed, 'We're all done' does not mention the exchange support issue and implies everything is set up to go.

MyBT has all the functionality in place to create and edit Blacklists etc, but I'm not confident if spending time on this will have any effect on call blocking.

Is Call Protect only supported by some and not all exchanges?

thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call Protect Exchange Support

I understand that there are 2 manufacturers of bt exchange equipment. I suspect that one of them (Ericsson) may not support this new service.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
phil4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call Protect Exchange Support

Thanks

I have run a few tests since, and Call Protect is working OK but with the following caveat in the MyBT portal:

If I have an empty Personal Blacklist, the "Calls sent to junk voicemail" counter is stuck at '0' and the VIP list will turn itself off immediately. The VIP List also shows '0' added even though there are entries.

If I add a number to the Personal blacklist, the "Calls sent to junk voicemail" returns to the correct value and the VIP list remains switched on with the correct number of entries added.

I've tested the Personal blacklist with a few calls from known numbers and its OK, I have received one call from the BT blacklist in the junk voicemail.

I will keep at least one bogus number in the Personal Blacklist to keep things working properly.

thanks

0 Ratings