Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyMS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Call Protect blacklist - message to callers

Go to solution

I have just signed up for the new free BT Call Protect service for my landline which includes the possibility (I think) of a message being left by the blacklisted caller (1572). What I would like to know is what message does a blacklisted caller receive when they now phone my number?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pompey1898
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Call Protect blacklist - message to callers

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RoyMS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks - I have seen this page before ... but it doesnt quite answer my question. It states that the message will be sent to my Junk Voicemail. But my question is what message does the caller receive? I have not used Junk Voicemail before either, so I dont know what message they will receive, if any.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@RoyMS I've posted a transcript of the two message variations on page 7 of that thread.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

deleted by poster.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@RoyMS wrote:

Thanks - I have seen this page before ... but it doesnt quite answer my question. It states that the message will be sent to my Junk Voicemail. But my question is what message does the caller receive? I have not used Junk Voicemail before either, so I dont know what message they will receive, if any.

@RoyMS,

Thanks for your questions regarding the BT Call Protect messages. The message the caller gets if you blacklist a number or if its blocked by BT is the same and the message is as follows: Welcome to 1572 the person you have called has chosen not to receive certain types of calls a message can be left after the tone.

If you have turned on 'unrecognised' calls in the call type menu withheld and number unobtainable calls will be diverted to your junk mail box and the message the caller will get is slightly different: Welcome to 1572 the person you have called has chosen not to receive anonymous calls, please dial again without withholding your number or leave a message after the tone.

0 Ratings