cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 61 of 119

Re: Call Protect blacklist now full...

This Blacklisting seems pointless.  I have 30 numbers on my blacklist, but if they can just use VPN numbers, what's the point.  It hasn't stopped the calls, I've had 2 in the last half an hour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 62 of 119

My mothers has 100 in the list. Her calls sent to voicemail are now at 702 - 2 today already. The problem i sthat even the numbers in the blacklist turn up now and then so it's hard to know which ones to delete to add any more.

If you pay £3.50 a month, then you can use the Do Not Disturb + VIP list. I have set my mothers up to stop ALL calls 24/7,  and then put about 40 numbers in her VIP list wich are allowed to ring. 

You can buy the call blocker phones instead, but as I am 250 miles away I find I can manage her phone better this way.

blacklist.JPGRob.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 63 of 119

Hi Yes I know, i have blocked all international calls but still receive them, so I contacted BT via chat, they told me if I request not to receive international they will block them, i thought i had, but apparently not, so I said yes please, not had one since, yet!!  The scammer just seem to get around it by bouncing calls from other numbers.

@lionesswrote:

This Blacklisting seems pointless.  I have 30 numbers on my blacklist, but if they can just use VPN numbers, what's the point.  It hasn't stopped the calls, I've had 2 in the last half an hour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 64 of 119

But these numbers I am getting seem to be UK numbers, even though a lot of them have foreign voices.  Quite a few are from 02893 or even London.  I think they can use false numbers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 65 of 119

yes we get them also, sometimes 4 a day its so annoying, when it usually a computer generated voice, saying BT here you are going to be cut off today!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 66 of 119

Ha ha, I had one of those today too.  And Microsoft about the problem with my pc.  And Virgin Media saying I had been hacked.  Not with Virgin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 67 of 119

The scammers fake the numbers they use - none are real, and most if not all do not originate in the UK either. They are done over the internet. It's all done by computer these days, so it's easy for them to generate a new number EVERY time they call. That's why the blacklist system is doomed to failure.

For the above reason, that's why I use the DND+VIP list solution, at a cost of course. But, it's a small price to pay for a completely silent phone except for those calls from friends/family/carers/doctors etc on the VIP list.

Many do advocate the use of the special call blocking phones - but you do need to invest a little time in working out how they work and set them up. With buttons to press, my mum woud soon break it!

Rob.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 68 of 119

Yes that's what I thought, so therefore blocking international numbers wouldn't work?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 69 of 119

@lionesswrote:
Yes that's what I thought, so therefore blocking international numbers wouldn't work?

Hi.

When you say blocking international numbers, are you referring to the number that appears on the caller display being international looking? The way the system can block international numbers is if the call comes through the international gateways and has an international call flag setting.

It will not block the number if it simply appears to look like one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 70 of 119

If a number looks like it comes from London, then it still could be international? 

0 Ratings