cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taramod61
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Call Sign Service number swop

Bt residential phone customer for last 30 years same line same number.

For the last 15 years or so have had an additional call sign number on this line.

Over the course of that period my call sign number has in effect become my main number and consequently I am looking to simplify my billing arrangements by making my call sign number my main number and deleting the original number.

initial feedback from BT cust services suggests this cannot be done ?

when I asked whether for commercial or technical reasons they could not say 

anyone out there who could offer an opinion based on experience would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Call Sign Service number swop

Welcome to this user forum.

Call Sign numbers are virtual numbers and are unlikely to appear within the number range of your exchange. For a number to be assigned to a physical line, the number has to mapped to a physical equipment position which exists in your exchange.

Each exchange remote concentrator has a range of numbers allocated to it. This cannot be changed.

If your Call Sign number is numerically close to your physical line number, then it may be possible. The way that Call Sign numbers are allocated, I cannot see that being the case, as BT would not want to allocate a number which could be used for another customer on your exchange.

0 Ratings
Taramod61
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

In my case the call sign number is very close in fact only the last 3 digits vary.

So in my case does that mean it can be done ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Taramod61 wrote:

In my case the call sign number is very close in fact only the last 3 digits vary.

So in my case does that mean it can be done ?

I have asked a moderator to comment. I would suspect that it may be possible to request a renumber, provided its within the exchange range. It may be just outside of that range, in an unallocated number range which is far more likely.

From what I remember, ranges start with xx0000 and end with xx9999, so you could be just out of range. For example you could have a range 610000 to 619999 and your Call Sign number could be 62xxxx, and out of range.

Message 5 of 7

Hi @Taramod61,

We can look into this for you. @Keith_Beddoe is right, if it's too far away it won't be possible for us to get the number. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It will take us at least 3-5 working days before we can get back to you on it.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Taramod61
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi can @NeilO recontact me regarding an earlier response to this topic ?

Thanks Norman.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Taramod61,

If you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile, I'll get @NeilO to get back in touch.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings