Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Call already in progress but no call has been made or recieved

Go to solution

So earlier my dad asked if I was using the phone which I wasnt & it turns out that we cant make or receive any calls at the moment because the handset says 'Call already in progress.  Join call?' I've tried hitting the hang up button & calling the house phone with my mobile but nothing is affecting it, the last unrecognized number is '07377089904' which according to google is some Indian one.  Obviously while this is going on we cant use the phone at all, hough the internet is unaffected, though it does seem a bit slower than usual with google taking a few secconds to appear as opposed to almost immediatly as I'm used to with infinity.  As well as that I'm also seeing the message 'line cord error' some of the time from the handset, I dont know if theres a connection between the 2 or if 2 unrelated things have happened at once.

Please make the response simple to understand as I have trouble reading these days due to disability so making it easy to follow would be appreciated

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Call already in progress but no call has been made or recieved

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

If its a cordless phone, then turn off the power to the base unit, wait about 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

If its just a normal wired phone, then unplug it, then plug it back in again.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements. If there is noise, then you may have a fault on your line, that would cause thin line cord error message.

Hawq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I unplugged as suggested then plugged it back in & called my mobile, the call time started going up as normal but my mobile did not ring & showed no sign of any incoming call also no sound of ringing as you'd expect while waiting for someone to pick up came from the house phone.

Just tried dailing 17070 twice, the first time I just got a sound of rattling like a rattlesnake was in the room & the second time I got only silence and now after a fourth try the 'line cord error' message is back

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Then you have a fault on your landline. Report it to BT as no dial tone or a very noisy line.

That will affect your broadband as well.

Its a good idea to check at the test socket with a known good phone first, to make sure its not your phone or wiring.

test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Hawq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

test sockets dead as well, whats the link/number for reporting the fault?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Hawq wrote:

test sockets dead as well, whats the link/number for reporting the fault?

0800 800 151

Or https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2&s_cid=con_FURL_faults

0 Ratings
Hawq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

efficient bunch, they found the fault & said it should be about 5 days to get fixed, would be quicker but xmas is in the way.  There was me expecting to be waiting til January as well, pleasntly suprised by that

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

They are quite quick, as they would be working Monday, Thursday and Friday, so it depends on how many faults Openreach have in their queue.

It will be an external faults, sound like water has possibly got into the line, as the incoming ring is being tripped, which is why you do not hear the ring tone when you call from a mobile.

If you could please update this thread, when the fault is cleared. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Hawq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

an engineer came out today & so far everything seems to be working as normal now which is good

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Hawq,

That's great news.

If you notice any issues, or need any other help, please let us know.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings