cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl516
Beginner
Message 1 of 46

Caller Display National Fault?

We swtiched to BT in July from Talk Talk and since we joined, we've had NO CALLER ID.

Yes, I am subscribed to it, yes when I dial *234 it says caller id will be shown.

After many many phone calls to report the fault, going through the same checks each time, master socket, filters, even purchasing new phones (twice as it was suggested the model BT phone had a fault) I'm told it will be passed to Openreach, who never contact me.

I go back to see the report status with BT and its been closed by someone. Smiley Frustrated This cycle has happened 4 times now? I am wasting so much time its outragous, this mornings check on the fault was 25m queing on the phone and then I'm asked the same questions on the phone all over again. Today I was told there is a National Problem, however I was told this once before, then the next time I was told Open reach would look at the exchange. Once I had someone phone who was doing checks at the exchange but I never heard back from them. 

Todays message was National Fault, but somehow I was given a date of 22nd Oct it would be fixed. We will wait again, and I suppose on 23rd I will be going through this again. 

Has anyone actually got a solution to this? Can I demand an engineer? Its been 4 months now?

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 46

Re: Caller Display National Fault?

an engineer to your home will not solve your fault all it will do is cost you 129.00 for the visit Openreach will not contact you as they are not customer facing and only deal with service providers
0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 46

It looks like I'm entering into the same cycle...

I reported the same fault, i.e. our Caller Display stopped working - on Oct 3rd.

It was reported as fixed by someone at BT within a couple of days - when it clearly wasn't.

I learnt this only after calling to see why the problem hadn't been fixed after a week.

I went throught the same information and tests again - then was told there was as a national problem with Caller Display that was being looked into.

Still nothing after a further 10 days - so another email to BT Faults Team yesterday prompted a reply which stated "as of now there is a national issue going on where many of our customers are unable to use this service".

Could someone from BT please confirm this for me via this forum?  I am sceptical about the information I've received in my direct dealings thus far.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Carl516
Beginner
Message 4 of 46

So the day after the 'fault will be fixed'........................still not working! Smiley Surprised Surprised not!

Another chat session with BT today and another reason. This time, no mention of a task force teams or National Faults, but a fault at the exchange, taking a bit longer to solve they say,  (4 months now) and anohter promise of a date next week...28th Oct.

Everytime I contact, they give me anohter day. This is like cat and mouse, only theres nothing to do but wait.....

0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 46

@Carl516 wrote:

So the day after the 'fault will be fixed'........................still not working! Smiley Surprised Surprised not!

Another chat session with BT today and another reason. This time, no mention of a task force teams or National Faults, but a fault at the exchange, taking a bit longer to solve they say,  (4 months now) and anohter promise of a date next week...28th Oct.

Everytime I contact, they give me anohter day. This is like cat and mouse, only theres nothing to do but wait.....

Sorry to hear that.

It prompted me to have a look at the fault status showing in MyBT.

Just as well I did.

Despite yesterday's exchange of emails which assured me that the (national) issue was being worked on, what's showing in MyBT is that they think the fault is apparently fixed - and it was closed on October 19th.

Who's doing this?

I've emailed the BT faults team for a further explanation.

0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 46

I just got a call from someone at the BT 'Concerns' team.

He assured me the problem was being worked on.

I got a surreal explanation about the fault status information in MyBT about the problem... 

'Fixed' apparently means 'someone has looked into the problem, done their bit, not found a problem and reported this for someone else to follow-up'.   'Closed' means they've only closed out their part of the problem solving process. 

When I asked if my understanding was correct, he confirmed that neither term means that the customer's problem had actually been fixed or that it was closed to their staisfaction - and as a customer, I should not be inferring anything from the fault status information in MyBT!

It wasn't any kind of call centre English language problem.

This contradicts what I was told in a call about 2 weeks ago, of course, when I was assured the problem had been resolved ('fixed') and was no longer under investigation ('closed') - 100% the same as MyBT was showing at that time.

You can't make this stuff up, can you?

There was an Openreach team working in our area until about 10:00 pm last night - so something might be happening.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 46

It may well be that this isnt a technical issue at all.............................

Just a simple matter of customers accounts not being correctly provisioned Smiley Sad

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Carl516
Beginner
Message 8 of 46

Well its the day the fault is suppose to be fixed! Smiley Surprised

Back onto BT chat for over an hour to be told the fault at the exchange is cleared, what does that mean I ask? Very pigeon English reply, but basically fault should be fixed.

It's not I tell her.....and here we go again with the *234#, filters, masters sockets, phones, ordering service, cancelling, ordering, and then another date............31st October. Smiley Mad

A case manager now, whoooooo, that should sort it......can i have their contact email I ask,   oh nooooooooooo,,,, they'll ring me.............................................................

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 46

Hi Carl516,

I would like to take a look at the fault report. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 46

Well, another week with no progress and no updates.

Would one of the forum mods like to pick this up on my behalf?

Thanks.

0 Ratings