cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 46

Re: Caller Display National Fault?

By way of an update. I got a call in early January to say that a fix for the national caller display issue had been found but it would take up to 2 months to roll it out. As its nearly mid February I reckon they have got another 2 weeks before that statement becomes another BT lie.

0 Ratings
CW74
Message 22 of 46

I reported a fault on January 3rd, after noticing it hadn't worked since December 20th. I was told it was part of the national issue, and would be working again in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Guess what? It still doesn't work, and I am now paying for a service I cannot use.

I was told I would have to wait until the issue was resolved before I could get a refund. As I pay in advance, surely it's not impossible for BT to remove it from my bill. I know I will have arguments when I ask for a refund, as "I should asked for it earlier etc...."

Does ANYONE know if this fault is likely to be resolved this side of Christmas????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 46

What NATIONAL issue.

Caller display has been for years and still is working here in 01268

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 46

Well it's 5 months since my fault was reported and I've not had any contact from anyone at BT for months.  I had read early on about compatability issues between equipment in exchanges but no-one from BT's told me that directly or indeed provided any explanation of the cause or when their national issue will be fixed.

I think I may have just started paying for Caller Dispaly, as I declined BT's offer to pay in advance for the coming year. I'll check - and if I am, this really ups the ante in my eyes.

Our exchange is getting Infinity soon - maybe they'll take the opportunity to sort their kit out then.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 46

@toekneem wrote:

What NATIONAL issue.

Caller display has been for years and still is working here in 01268

Well you are one of the lucky ones.  Some people have long had problems and it seems a mixture of something at the exchange on the phone and on the broadband equipment having some incompatibility issues. 

By "National" we don't mean everyone - but we also don't mean a fault with an individual line.  The problem seems quite widespread and googling seems to show it's been going on a while.

I don't understand why someone on here cannot give a definitive answer rather than leave us in the dark and guessing.

If I use the 234 code and reset then my next call will display caller id, then it will disappear again.  I don't think I had the problem before I had broadband on this line and and I don't recall the problem when I had an office nearby on the same exchange with broadband (from another supplier but that shouldn't matter as it is all BT where I am).

0 Ratings
rob22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 46

Guess what folks. Yes caller display still not working and now been told it could take another 2 months to roll out the fix. BT are an absolute joke.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 46

Finally got round to finding out why my answerphone had not logged any calls since last October and guess this is why. Can still get the last number called via 1471 so that is something.
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 46

I've just today cancelled it and along with it 1571.  The answer machine will go on with call screening - don't say who you are and I'll not pick up.  Simples.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rob23
Message 29 of 46

I've first reported this issue four months ago. Finally I was told two weeks ago that there was - you guessed it - a National Issue with caller display, and that BT were working on fixing it "soon". This is ludicrous. How many more years is it going to take for BT to resolve this?

0 Ratings
ej63
Message 30 of 46

12 months without caller display. Fault opened, closed ad infinitum. National fault given as a not very believable excuse. Each time it will be fixed "soon". And "soon" never comes. 

Spoiler