cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 46

Re: Caller Display National Fault?

I got a call out of the blue about 3 weeks ago - BT Tech working in our local exchange - just to let me know he'd now replaced the damaged equipment on my line and that Caller Display should be working ok (which it was).

He didn't know I'd reported it nearly 12months earlier. Said it was a straightforward fix.

@ej63 wrote:

12 months without caller display. Fault opened, closed ad infinitum. National fault given as a not very believable excuse. Each time it will be fixed "soon". And "soon" never comes. 

Spoiler

It's been working ok ever since. 

0 Ratings
Geoff103
Contributor
Message 32 of 46

Looking at dates on the messages that started this thread, I am not very encouraged.

Caller display appeared to stop for me around the end Sept/beginning October 2015.  Ca'nt say exactl when as I was away. Having seen some changes to billing, I assumed I needed to re--order and have done that three times now.

Still no caller display.

Today, I got thought to some sort of 'Faults' desk only to be told it was a National problem and my fault would be passed to engineers and it might take 2 or 3 weeks to resolve.

A national issue?  2 - 3 weeks? 

The operator was clearly reading from a prepared sacript, so there is clearly a known, major issue, yet the marketeers taking orders, cheerfully go through their routines placing orders as if nothing was wrong.

Impossible to make it up!

0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 46

@Geoff103 wrote:

Looking at dates on the messages that started this thread, I am not very encouraged.

Caller display appeared to stop for me around the end Sept/beginning October 2015.  Ca'nt say exactl when as I was away. Having seen some changes to billing, I assumed I needed to re--order and have done that three times now.

Still no caller display.

Today, I got thought to some sort of 'Faults' desk only to be told it was a National problem and my fault would be passed to engineers and it might take 2 or 3 weeks to resolve.

A national issue?  2 - 3 weeks? 

The operator was clearly reading from a prepared sacript, so there is clearly a known, major issue, yet the marketeers taking orders, cheerfully go through their routines placing orders as if nothing was wrong.

Impossible to make it up!

That's pretty much the story I was spun a year or so ago.  I'm sure they know what's wrong and a bit of integrity in telling their customers what the problem is and how long it'll take them get round to fixing it (12 months based on 1 data point) wouldn't go amiss.

Better than being lied to by a succession of script jockeys.

Someone from BT picked it up at one point via this forum, but I never heard much back.  I assume they eventually had to tow the party line.

0 Ratings
Mrs-_W
Beginner
Message 34 of 46

Reading the above thread is depressing looking at the dates and series of problems, I too lost my caller ID about 2 months ago and have been through this entire sequence at least  10 times ( line test, line ok report fault repeat test, fault closed etc report fault, start again) numerous calls from Indian help desk no solution and finally told it's a national issue(?) -really!?

Our exchange has recently had a lot of work and I reckon that's where the problem lies, 2 years ago it was at capacity and since then we've had over 40 houses built and added and there's been a van there on and off ever since.

Now currently silence from BT and no caller ID utterly useless.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 46

After years of spasmodic caller display working/not working we had some major fault at our local exchange on Tuesday resulting in no broadband for most of the day, but only for some users.  Every call I've had since (ok it's early days) has displayed the number correctly.  About half the time I would just have had the display show "Calling".

I've had a fault logged for a year or two and recently out of the blue had an email from the Caller Display Task Force asking if I still had a problem - after explaining the issue they provided the following response:

"Hi <my name>,

We have a few customers affected by an intermittent issue so which is
something we've only just discovered. I've added your details to the list
of customers (there's only 8 so far) and we'll be in touch when we begin
investigating that part of the issue.

Feel free to email us if you need an update.

Regards

BT Customer Services"

I don't know whether they meant 8 nationwide or 8 on my exchange nor do I know whether the fix after the outage was related to the above email or indeed if the outage was due to the fix!

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 46

Spoke too soon 😞

Display from friend just showing "Calling"

0 Ratings
Geoff103
Contributor
Message 37 of 46

A week on from my original post and still no word from BT or any change in function.  Still no Caller Display.

Would a mod like to take this up please.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 46

@Geoff103 wrote:

A week on from my original post and still no word from BT or any change in function.  Still no Caller Display.

Would a mod like to take this up please.

It would even be nice to have just one informed statement of the issue from BT!  I've struggled and posted on here several times with flakey Caller Display to no avail.

0 Ratings
Geoff103
Contributor
Message 39 of 46

Nothing from BT.  Nothing from the mods.  Is this topic not 'sexy' enough? 

If caller displays is good enough to warrant be charged for, then its non provision is surely worth some sort of action.

0 Ratings
Geoff103
Contributor
Message 40 of 46

A week ago, I received a call from BT. The caller informed me that this was a national problem, a solution was being worked on and would be resolved within a few weeks.

Meanwhile, all charges for period CD was not workeing would be refunded.

That remains to be seen when next bill arrives, but since this thread began a year ago, surely the end is in sight?

0 Ratings