Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 46

Re: Caller Display National Fault?

Update requested.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 46

Hi Ibe,

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile. I would like to take a look at your case.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 46

PaddyB - Thanks for offering to help.

I have sent you the information you requested.

lbe

0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 46

Well, I've heard nothing in 5 weeks now - and the problem still hasn't been fixed.

Any update the mods. can provide would be useful.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Carl516
Beginner
Message 15 of 46

7 months here........as soon as the years up, I'm off!!

0 Ratings
rob22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 46

Mine stopped working in June. Took months for them to even acknowledge the fault was with their equipment and not mine. I even sent an email to Gavin Patterson the CEO and got a reply. Still not fixed. He is probably too busy negotiating TV rights or acquisition of EE then to bother about his core business of telecoms provider. I do get a weekly phone call from their Executive Level Complaints people telling me they are working on it but after all this time I am not expecting any change soon. I will give then to the end of the year and then try Vonage. Next year we will be getting B4RN fibre optic service running at 1000mbs both ways so once thats in I can ditch BT for good.

0 Ratings
lbe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 46

Well for me it's 'just' six and a half weeks of silence and only 3 months since the fault was first reported.

I despair.

@lbe wrote:

Well, I've heard nothing in 5 weeks now - and the problem still hasn't been fixed.

Any update the mods. can provide would be useful.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
rob22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 46

It would be nice if someone from BT could actually explain what the problem is and why the seem unable to fix it.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 46

I've posted on here a couple of times and got nowhere.

I've reported the fault and was told that it was a national problem being that some of the phone equipment was not compatible with some of the broadband equipment and fixes were being rolled out. 

I'm getting fed up of not being able to screen my calls and it is disconcerting that noone on here is able to give a definitive response.

Someone knows the answer and someone knows that someone.

Is there a directive to keep quiet?

0 Ratings
doubledrat
Beginner
Message 20 of 46

I can throw a little light on this.  I've had the fault for over a year now.  Spent what seems like days on the phone trying to get it resolved.  even bought new phones.

In the middle of the timeframe, I "upgraded" to superfast broadband.  I got a very knowledgable engineer and asked him about my caller ID issue.  He said it can be down to the broadband equipment at the exchange and now I was on superfast he could disconnect my phone from that broadband equipment.  He did so and caller id started working.

Unfortunately, my upgrade to "superfast broadband" meant my actual broadband speed dropped to half what it was before (something about me being over 4KM from the cabinet).  anyway, I had to revert to normal broadband and guess what? yes, you guessed it, my caller id stopped working again.

I occasionally get a call from bt "customer care" giving me some bullsh*t date when it will be fixed, which always comes and goes without a resolution.

pretty fed up with the whole situation to be honest.

0 Ratings