Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ydnpa
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Caller Display & BT Protect Ongoing Problems

Go to solution

I know others have had issues with Caller Line ID after adding Caller Protect, these seem to have been resolved with them re adding Caller Display to their acount. Unfortunatley nearly 2 weeks since getting the problem I'm still no further forward in that I no longer have CLI, numerous attempts by offshore call centre staff to report the fault or re add it have proved fritless. The best was last Wednesday, rang up there was a queue, leave your number a member of the fault team will call back, they did for BT TV!! Transferred me to phone faults, waited in the queue went through it all, they said it would be passed to 2nd level faults.

On Thursday checked Fault Tracker, fault reported "No Outgoing Line, incoming calls OK" where did that come from? Rang up to complain a Supervisor will call me back on Friday no one available, finally spoke to them on Saturday promised to sort me out put on hold 25 minutes later I put the phone down, they called back 20 mins later saying it was being readded, explained this had been tried before, no oppertunity to discuss the complaint before the phone cut off, thats the last I heard.

I know its a bit of a ramble but where do I go from here. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
eugene7
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Caller Display & BT Protect Ongoing Problems

Go to solution

I'm having the same issues...
How can BT launch something that breaks another service?

I'm relatively new to BT, having used alternatives for years - I have never had such appalling support.

(This is just the latest in a long list of issues...)

And if I hear 'don't worry, I will do the needful...' one more time...

Arrggghhhh!!!!

0 Ratings
ydnpa
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

BT seem to have finally got Caller ID working again, spent a large part of Monday on the Web Chat, finally an agent suggested that they cancel the Caller ID service, wait 24 hours and then add it back. I also asked them to cancel Call Protect. They were in the process of doing this when we got disconnected. Tried again on webchat they wanted to start from scratch until I suggest they read the history, they then transferred me to another agent. They thought it would be better to call me to discuss. They came to the same conclusion as the first agent but couldn't understand why this had not been tried before.

Today Caller ID is workingSmiley Very HappyI will not restart Caller Protect, my Panasonic phone has the ability to add numbers to a blacklist.

0 Ratings
paulinuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

f one has a caller display phone why do we have to pay bt for caller display?

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
@paulinuk BT suppress caller identity information unless you have Caller Display, so your phone wouldn't receive the caller identity to display without it.

As to why it is a chargeable service in 2017; I suspect it's a nice little earner for BT. The actual cost of enabling it on the network level is near zero, especially with the move to IP voice.

--Adam
0 Ratings
paulinuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

no problems on a mobile,must be a bt scam,there experts at it ,price rises every year nothing free,and some are sneaky rises,we are with bt for another year ,think we are bonkers been with bt for approx 60 years,looking to find alternative this year mobile and mobile broadband

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
@paulinuk if you've been with BT for that long you may want to check out some of the other large providers as even just customer service wise they can be a good deal better. Just looking at Caller Display; both of BT's largest competitors (TalkTalk, Sky) have included this at no cost for some time, which they should mind you as the wholesale cost is a whopping 45p/YEAR.

(For those who say it is free with BT: yes, if you lock in every 12months, which makes it not technically free.)

--Adam
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
be careful the grass is not always greener on the other side there can be many problems when moving providers including the possible loss of the number you have had for years
0 Ratings