cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Caller Display not working.

I am posting this message to seek help for a friend.

On Friday 30th January I called BT on her behalf to order caller display. I was told she would have to agree to a 12 month contract to get the feature free, which was agreed to. I was told that the caller display would be working by Monday 2nd February. I tried a compatible handset on Monday 2nd Feb and the service was not working. My friend then received a letter stating they would let her know when the service would be active. I called the helpline on Friday 6th Feb and was told that the caller display WAS activated and it must be a faulty handset. I have tested the handset (bought brand new a couple of weeks ago) and it works on my own phoneline (albeit we are with Virgin Media). 

I really do not want to have to call customer services again as I am not confident that this will be looked into. My friend is 80 years old, hence me trying to sort this for her.

Another query is that the bills come in her name but the letter confirming the caller display was actually addresed to her husband who died approximately 8 years ago.

Is it possible that a forum moderater can personal message me as I have my friends name, address and account number so the problem can be looked in to? I would not be able to check my friends line for a few days as I am incapacitated at home at present. 

I would be grateful for assistance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caller Display not working.

have you tried online chat 

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Tried live chat and will try out some of the suggested checks. I have been assured that caller display should be working. I will be back if it isn't!

0 Ratings
Lesin
Message 4 of 5

Just tried to connect a new Call Blocker phone but had problems. On contacting helpline they tell me that there is "A UK wide problem with Caller Display. Engineers working on it and it should be resolved by end of February". How wil we know???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Lesin wrote:

Just tried to connect a new Call Blocker phone but had problems. On contacting helpline they tell me that there is "A UK wide problem with Caller Display. Engineers working on it and it should be resolved by end of February". How wil we know???

I cannot imagine that that is the case. Caller display is handled by the local exchange, so it can`t be a national issue.

Its part of the normal C7 signalling protocol.

Have you dialled *#234# to see if its active?

0 Ratings