cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Caller Display

I have been having a nightmare since moving to BT in the summer of 2017 with my caller display. Since moving from sky to bt the caller display hasn’t worked. I am going round in circles and every time i speak to someone they go through the same process that the previous person did. The advisors keep sending out engineers and engineers keep saying there is no fault and it is a problem with the service provider. They keep closing the fault and opening a new one when I tell them it still hasn’t been fixed. HELP!!!
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Caller Display

@lauraferguson10 I'm really sorry your caller display isn't working, the fault needs to be reported to the exchange rather than sending an engineer to your home. If you need help getting this resolved please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Neil. We have engineers to the house and the exchange and both have said the same that there is no fault at their end but it must be a service fault. I would appreciate your help because this is dragging on!!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@lauraferguson10 no problem, send over the details and we'll get on it.  This type of caller display fault can be caused by the broadband equipment your line connects to in the exchange so we'll need to make sure it's allocated to the right type of engineer and provide them with instructions to swap you to another port.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Did you pay the extra charge for caller display or did you sign up to BT Privacy for 12months and get caller display free?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Was getting caller display for free as part of my new deal. Not much of a deal when it doesn’t work.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Dial *#234# on your home phone and listen to the announcement.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

“Caller identity will not be displayed”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

There is a problem with it being set up on your line.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thank you
0 Ratings