Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Caller ID not working

Go to solution

Caller ID has stopped working on my landline - this happened some time ago but I never had the time to waste to raise it.  Luckily during CV19 all the scammer call centres must have shut down as we got almost no spam calls - but in the last week we've been getting many a day so time to get caller ID fixed!

I raised a case but it got closed quickly and despite a "Your BT service should be back to normal now" email caller ID is still not working.  I've tried power cycling the (cordless) landline in case that was needed to pick up the fix, but that didn't help.

I see on another thread (2038551) that someone got help from a BT employee here - can anyone help me, or otherwise give me a nudge in the right direction?

UPDATE: as far as I can tell I have caller ID enabled on my account (certainly it worked many months ago and I never asked for it to be turned off!). 

TIA,

Anthony

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Caller ID not working

Go to solution

@stoduk 

Please check to see if  Caller Display is switched on by entering the code * # 234 #. If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will be displayed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I entered that at the ringtone and got a robot woman saying "Sorry, the service requested is not available".

Does this mean Caller ID isn't enabled?  I've tried to enable caller ID via MyBT but the tickbox is already ticked - I tried to turn the feature off and on again once a while back (when caller ID wasn't working already!) and that didn't work. 

Thanks,

Anthony

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Have you checked that you do not have a crossed line?

Dial 17070 and see what number it reads back to make sure it matches your phone number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

17070 is reporting the correct number so that is fine.  Anything else I can try?

THanks,

Anthony

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@stoduk wrote:

Hi Keith,

17070 is reporting the correct number so that is fine.  Anything else I can try?

THanks,

Anthony

No, apart from removing it from your account, waiting for the order to complete, then adding it to your account again.

You should see this box ticked.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @stoduk,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry the Caller Display isn't working. If you send me your details I'll be able to run a few checks on your account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks Paddy, I've responded to your message.

Thanks Keith for the help so far!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @stoduk,

Thanks for letting me know the engineer was able to get this sorted for you. 

All the best

David