Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lozzerelli
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Caller display not working, going round in circles

Go to solution
Have recently signed moved to BT and signed up to caller display. It hasn’t worked since we signed up to it, we even bought a compatible BT phone to see if that solved the problem (even though our old phone worked fine with talk talk). I have spoken to BT at least 5 times and they open a fault then say it’s fixed so close the fault but it still doesn’t work. They have taken it off and re-added it numerous times which hasn’t worked. When I ring *#234# it says that callers identities will be displayed but the handset just says “calling” and the call log just says “unavailable” instead of the number. I’m fed up of having to tell a new person the same problem and go through the same steps every other day! Has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Caller display not working, going round in circles

Go to solution
Have you tried the new telephone direct into the test socket of your main telephone point with no broadband filter? It has been known that equipment in your house could cause the issue so this test will prove one way or another.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Lozzerelli
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Yes I have just tried that but it still doesn’t work when plugged into the test socket.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Lozzerelli This type of issue can sometimes happen if there's an issue with the broadband port you're connected to in the exchange. Do you have BT broadband?

0 Ratings
Lozzerelli
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks for the response, Yes we do have BT broadband
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Lozzerelli Thanks, that makes things a bit more straight forward. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this raised with Openreach. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Lozzerelli,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. I've ran a few checks on your service and I can see that my colleague from the faults team were speaking to you yesterday. The reported and exchange fault to Openreach and this should resolve the fault with the caller display.

I'll keep an eye on that fault and I'll follow up with you again tomorrow.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
@paddy.
Can you update the forum with what the solution was?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Lozzerelli
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
OK thank you, it’s still not fixed at the moment but hopefully Openreach will sort it
0 Ratings
Lozzerelli
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Openreach have been in touch this morning and the caller display is now working, seems there was a problem with the line like you said. Many thanks
0 Ratings