Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Caller display not working on BT Premium phones

Go to solution

We have a new BT Premium landline- 2 handsets. It’s one of those call blockers & allegedly syncs with your mobile. Ha. I did get it to sync with my mobile (great idea to import the mobile contacts) only both rang simultaneously on incoming calls. Couldn’t stand it -so unsynced. Caller Display also not working properly. On incoming calls from Contacts we get “no number”. We have confirmed caller display is activated.

I have tried ringing BT& got nowhere. We have BT Broadband/landline/mobiles. Any advice on what to do? I hate not seeing who’s calling. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Caller display not working on BT Premium phones

Go to solution

If you dial *#234# on your home line what announcement do you get? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Can’t remember the wording, but basically that caller display activated. Then it told me to hang up!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

It sounds like it is not active on your line. You can either activate it via the MyBt website or give 0800 800 150 a call

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

update -

We are desperate & BT been no help whatsoever. Our (BT) phones were knocked out at end of June 20 by a storm. A BT engineer did come out & said we’d have to get new handsets - which we did. We have since been unable to get Caller Display to work & line quality has been poor. BT told us the(new) handsets must be faulty. We bought another set- result exactly the same. Caller Display has been repeatedly taken off, then put back on our line. When I checked it today it said it was not available or something like that. 

We live in Highlands (Caithness) & this means our BT engineers deal with both Broadband & Telephony.  When I ring BT National to say the fault still isn’t fixed, it gets handed back to Highlands & Islands, then nothing happens. caller display is important to us as we are both pensioners with health issues. 

We have BT broadband, which has worked fine throughout this whole period; BT landline; BT handsets- the latest Call Guardian ones, & BT mobiles, so I think it’s safe to say we are loyal BT customers. 

As we understand it this is a CLI problem, & the Broadband port is affected & not the telephony port? I don’t know. I only know BT keeps saying the fault is fixed, but it isn’t. 

I also must say that when I unplug our new handsets, & take them across the road to our neighbours’ s & plug them in there, everything, including Caller Display, works fine & line quality is much better. When she takes her handsets over to us, nothing works at all, & she can neither make nor receive calls, never mind get Caller Display. (Her handsets are quite old, but even so!)  Is it possible our Entire line has corrupted following the lightning strike & we need a new line??? 

Please can you help? I really feel that BT has let us down badly, & it’s really unfair the way we seem to be ignored.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Well, 2 BT engineers appeared on 3/9/20. They worked for hours on our line between our home & the exchange. The line quality is much better so thank you BT, but the caller display is still not working & we continue to get ‘ no number’ displaying on incoming calls. When the engineers left on Thursday afternoon, one said he was going back to the exchange to try to resolve the caller display problem. There has been no contact with BT since then. The “ My BT” app continued to show a live fault on our line until Sunday, when it disappeared & no contact from BT. I have checked the Caller Display number, & it says - the service is not available.  CD has been switched on & off so many times, I’m not sure if it’s officially off or not. Do I have to phone BT yet again to get Caller Display re-activated, & hope that since the line has had faults remedied, CD should again be working. Advice please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@ruthswrote:

I did get it to sync with my mobile (great idea to import the mobile contacts) only both rang simultaneously on incoming calls. Couldn’t stand it -so unsynced.

Hi @ruths   I realise this is probably not a priority, but using a single contact list for my emails, mobile and landline is great. I quickly learnt that I could sync my premium phone to my mobile and immediately remove the premium phone from the mobile Bluetooth only. That way all my contacts are on the premium phone but as there is no connection to the mobile so it doesn't ring. I simply reconnect temporarily to update the premium phone contacts when I have updates.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ruths,

Thank you for updating your thread. I'm sorry the engineers weren't able to get the Caller Display to work. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you and run a few checks on the line.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hurrah - 3 months later, but our handsets are working, Caller Display working & finally all well. Thank you BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@ruths that's great I'm glad it's sorted now. I'll also let @DavidM know as I can see he helped you with this Smiley Happy

0 Ratings