cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Caller display not working

Initial problem 2 years or so ago - terrific electrical storm blew our phone!  New BT phones and cables installed. No caller display however, this had previously worked with no problem. Last year Caller display worked briefly for about 48 hrs following BT Openreach repairing a fault on our line,  I mentioned at the time that caller display was not working and he disappeared off to the exchange and sorted it out. However success was short lived. Have had no reported line faults at all since, although line quality not always great. Also have BT broadband (1mb speed ).  Have disconnected broadband router from the phone box and just had the phone plugged in but has made no difference at all, just get ‘incoming call’ message when phone rings. It has got to the point where I don’t answer the phone because I don’t know who is calling ( seems to be mostly scan calls these days) and I can’t even block calls because there is no visible number to block. I reported this problem again last week - online chat this time - but no change. I have checked that Caller display is active on our account.  Doesn’t seem to be very easy trying to report this fault if your line appears to be working satisfactorily. Any help/ advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Caller display not working

@Maddy65 

Welcome to this user forum.

Please check to see if Caller Display is switched on by entering the
code * # 234 #. If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will
be displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Already checked numerous times - is activated
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Possibly a faulty line card, or a very poor quality line.

I have asked a moderator if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Tats great. Appreciated
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Maddy65,

I am sorry to hear that it isn't working for you. We can take a look into it and find out what's happening for you.

I'm sending you a private message about this.

@Keith_Beddoe thanks for flagging this to me.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings