cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sable
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Caller display

Caller display no longer working, although paid for. Spent35 mins on phone to India and got nowhere. Just went to report fault on line - only to see that a broadband problem has been reported.  My broadband is fine!  My caller display isn't!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Caller display

Dial *#234# and listen to the announcement it gives

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Sable
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes, have listened: says service not available, whatever that means. Service to me?  Service has problem so not available to anyone?

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

There is a known fault where faulty broadband equipment can stop caller display working, but the 'fault' doesn't affect the broadband, your telephony service effectively passes in and out of your broadband providers equipment, it's here that the CLI , calling line information 'data' get courupted (a lightning strike apparently can cause it)...so is possible the person who took the fault report is  aware and asked for a lift and shift ( move onto a new broadband port), or it could just be an error, however I would be concerned if you dialed star, hash,234,hash , and it doesn't say service active, try, star ,234 hash, if it says you don't have this service you probably need to speak to BT, CLI isn't free anymore, you have to pay, or renew line rental for 12 months

0 Ratings
Sable
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I know it isn't free - I have paid for it.

As for calling BT - I am certainly not going to spend another 40 mins talking to someone I have to keep asking to repeat himself  as I cannot understand what he is saying.

I have escalated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Try live chat:

http://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/home/landline

Click on "I have a problem or fault" and then "Live Chat"

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings