cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustyz
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Caller display

New phone with caller id, phone working fine but no caller display showing, phone is 100% BT caller id compatable I pay for the caller display function from BT, when entering the caller id test code BT computer replies caller display is working. I Have run the normal suggested tests even plugged the phone into the main incoming test socket. What to do next?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Caller display

@Dustyz wrote:
New phone with caller id, phone working fine but no caller display showing, phone is 100% BT caller id compatable I pay for the caller display function from BT, when entering the caller id test code BT computer replies caller display is working. I Have run the normal suggested tests even plugged the phone into the main incoming test socket. What to do next?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Are there any slider buttons on the new phone itself (perhaps on the bottom) that may need to be in the correct position ?

What phone is it ?

0 Ratings
Dustyz
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Andy many thanks for the quick reply, no switched or sliders to be operated. the phone is an Amplicom powertel 50 and all other functions work fine. I did call the supplier who assures me the phone is !00% compatable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

When you plug the phone direct into the test socket are you using an ADSL filter? If you are try it without as filters can sometimes mask the display signal sent from the exchange.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Dustyz
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your message Dave, I did take out the adsl filter and just plugged the phone into the test

socket alone, but nothing comes up on the lcd screen when a call comes in.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

take tele back to shop and try or to a friend who has feature and try it. if it works fine then ring your sp to sort out

0 Ratings
Dustyz
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for your message Jeff, a good logical approach to the problem, will try and find someone with caller id and try my phone on their system.

0 Ratings