cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLISSFORD
Message 1 of 11

Caller recognition not working

Our caller recognition hasn't been working for 6 months in spite of repeated calls to the fault line.  We have been told that the fault has been fixed several times - it hasn't.  We have also been told that this is a problem that many other users have, that it is been sorted and not to phone again.  We are now being emailed saying that our free caller recognition period has run out and we are being asked to now pay for an option that hasn't worked for 6 months.  We have carried out all the usual checks and tried with another handset in case the first was faulty.  How can we sort this problem?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Caller recognition not working

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators to look at this for you and they should post contact info here tomorrow morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi BLISSFORD,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to help get your caller display working again. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jennihill
Message 4 of 11

Hi Paddy - I am having the same problem, my caller id just stopped workign on 19th July 2013 and after contacting faults and following all the infor each time after loads of explaing I get told it is a ntional faul and will eb repaired in 10 day then when it wasn't it was 1 month last time i went throgh to Faults and finally got to the right person they then told me again national fault and 2 month which would have been End Nov but heer we are in Jan 15 and still no caller ID I really don't have the will to ring BT faults to get nowhere again so if you can help it would be appreciated - I look forward to your reply

Thanks in advance

Jenni

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi jennihill,

Sorry about that. I've made the contact the mods link visible to you so you can sen in your details. You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
downgarden
Message 6 of 11

My caller recognition has been intermittent for years, but now they are charging £1.75 per month for a service that is unreliable. Dialing *234# is supposed to reinstate it, but despite being told by a bland recorded message that callers numbers will be displayed it doesn't seem to do anything. Clearly by the number of complaints here and on other forums on the web (try Googling the issue) it is nothing better than theft that BT has the cheek to extort payment for a service that is so unreliable. Reporting the fault only gets the standard list of excuses read from screen promts by someone in an offshore call-centre with no aparent means of doing anything practical to solve the problem.

0 Ratings
downgarden
Message 7 of 11

update: just called bt billing and complained. They gave me free caller display for next 12 months. Still doesn't make it work properly, but at least they're not extracting a fee for it.

0 Ratings
smitch
Message 8 of 11

Hello Paddy, I am having the same problems with caller display not working. It stopped working after about one month of signing up with BT last year, and after many wasted hours on several occasions spent trying to resolve, I could not face trying any more, so just gave up.

If you can help to resolve, I would be very grateful!

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 11

Hi smitch, 

Thanks for your post. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch.

Cheers,

OlgaC

Community ModeratorOlga
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
AH202
Message 10 of 11

I have the same problem.Caller display/last caller id no longer working.Told it was a fault then heard nothing since so unsure.
0 Ratings