cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can't make or receive calls using my telephone number.

Hi, 
There's been an issue with our landline for about a week now where we are not able to make calls or receive calls using our telephone number. However there is still a constant dial sound when we try to call someone. I've tried to use the troubleshoot feature on the BT help section but that was not very helpful since it said my account has a billing restriction? I'm not sure how to fix it.

I'd be grateful if someone could check? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't make or receive calls using my telephone number.

If it's a billing issue, you will need to speak with the billing team 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

If you have a dialtone when you lift the receiver, dial out , but the dialtone remains , it could be your phone , so if possible try another phone , if you make a call to your landline number ( best done from another landline phone rather than a mobile ) what does the caller ‘hear’ ?, ringtone , busy tone , number unobtainable tone or something else ?
Obviously if your account isn’t as it should be , it’s not unreasonable for your provider to stop the account getting even further into arrears by stopping calls being made , but ( AFAIK ) that’s done by routing any call you try to make to your providers customer service , and generally doesn’t stop incoming calls, so they can ring you and discuss getting the account back into a satisfactory condition...if the line is temporary out of service because of a billing issue and goes faulty, why would they bother fixing it until the billing issue is resolved ?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The thing is that it only said that when the trouble shooting failed to even trouble shoot. How can it be a billing fault?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yeah all I hear is the dial tone and nothing else. We did try another phone but it's the same issue.
A lot of people tried to call from else where but they ended up calling our mobile phone instead since it wasn't working.
The trouble shoot said it was a billing issue when the trouble shoot failed, so I don't think the actual reason reason is that.
Also the bill has been paid, and our lineline has been a £0.00 since we don't use it that much either. I don't think it could be that.

I guess I'd have to call them and see.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@saymabegumwrote:
A lot of people tried to call from else where but they ended up calling our mobile phone instead since it wasn't working.

As requested earlier, what are callers getting when they ring your number? Can you call your own number via a mobile for example to see what you get.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The callers get a ringing tone when they try to call our telephone number.

I'm going to call the support number.

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @saymabegum, did you manage to get this resolved when you called the support team?

cheers

John

0 Ratings