Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
azahir
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Can't receive calls from Virgin Media Landlines

Go to solution

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction on this as I've struggled whilst speaking to customer services over the phone.

I was a Virgin Media customer about 12 months ago, moving then to Sky and subsequently BT. During the move to Sky, number was ported over fine and everything was smooth apart from any family/friends who had a Virgin Media landline weren't able to call us, it would just produce a number not recognised or blank error.

We chased this with Sky at the time who were next to useless and when moving back to BT, we hoped this would have sorted the issue but alas, it wasn't to be.

Searching through the forum, this thread points to exactly the problem we're having:  https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Comes-up-with-Number-not-recognised-from-Virgin-landline-number...

I've tried explaining the same thing to customer services as above but I'm being asked to evidence phone numbers/call times/dates when that's just too difficult to collate with friends/family.

Could anyone advise?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't receive calls from Virgin Media Landlines

Go to solution

Hi @azahir

I think the best thing is to get some advice off the moderation team here. I've asked them to come and have a chat and should post here shortly.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @azahir,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. It sounds like the number hasn't been fully ported across to our network. If you send me in your details I can do a few checks on your line.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
azahir
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply, will fire something across now.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @azahir I have an update that the number port team believe they have fixed this. Please can you get it tested that you can receive calls from Virgin and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
azahir
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi John,

Just had a friend call and would you believe, it works.

Awesome stuff and delighted. Thanks for your assistance with this.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @azahir that's fantastic news, I'm aware of the battle @JohnC2 had getting this fixed for you. He's finished for today but I'll make sure he sees your post tomorrow. Smiley Very Happy

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @azahir Thanks for testing that for me and patience in letting me get this fixed for you. I'll now close the case unless there is anything else you need my help with.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings