Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hassaan
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cancel my contract

Go to solution
I have got bt landline and broadband with bt. But I split up with my wife but I am still paying the bills. I want to cancel the contract or transfer in her name but I am not in contact with her?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancel my contract

Go to solution

@hassaanwrote:
I have got bt landline and broadband with bt. But I split up with my wife but I am still paying the bills. I want to cancel the contract or transfer in her name but I am not in contact with her?

Hi @hassaan   I know it is a bit old fashioned but why not write her a letter asking her to take over the line if she wishes to keep the number. If you simply cancel the contract then she may lose the number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @hassaan thanks for posting,  in order to keep the services running your wife will need to place an order to takeover the line as  its not possible to change the name on a existing contract or transfer it to another person.

This will require her to take out a contract in her own name as an new customer, she should be able to place the order on BT.com as a new customer and this would also mean she would be entitled to any online offers that are available.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

if you are still in fixed term contract and you cancel or wife takes over number then you may well have cancellation costs for ending contract early

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings