cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Froggy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Cannot get caller ID

I'd be surprised if this query hasn't been raised before but I've looked through many pages and cannot find it.

I signed up for caller ID and received confirmation that it been activated on 23rd October. My 'phone, however, keeps telling me that it is not there.

I have checked with the 'phone company (Panasonic) in case I hadn't set up the 'phone properly - they said I had but to try switching the system off for an hour and then back on again; I did and it made no difference.

Looking on line I saw that some people suggested that the filter sometimes caused this problem so I have tried a different filter; it made no difference.

My 'phone tells me that I have to sign up with a provider to get caller ID; my provider (BT) tells me I have signed up - but it is not there!

Any suggestions/solutions?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Cannot get caller ID

What happens if you dial *#234#

0 Ratings
Froggy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

"Sorry, the service requested is not available"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Then its not been activated. Check on MyBT to see if you are paying for it.

Then If you would like to try Live Chat they may be able to help you.

If that fails, then assistance is available via this forum.

0 Ratings
Froggy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Thanks, Keith.

Have been in touch with BT and they say they have made some alterations to the service configuration and that it should be working within 24 hours.

Fingers crossed.............!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

@Froggy1 wrote:

Thanks, Keith.

Have been in touch with BT and they say they have made some alterations to the service configuration and that it should be working within 24 hours.

Fingers crossed.............!

Please post back with the results, so we can progress it further if needed.

0 Ratings
Froggy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Crossing fingers didn't work.

Caller ID still not working. BT promised that they would ring me between 1630 and 1700 to see that it was up and running; they didn't.

I have lots of work to do tomorrow but it looks like it's another day wasted on the 'phone to India.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hi Froggy1,

I'll be able to help you with this. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Froggy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Hooray!

Started working this morning.

Thanks Paddy - and Keith.

0 Ratings