cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cannot get the £8 discount on line rental

Hi there, obviously I'm new and I think I've put this in the right area. OK let's see if I can make this sound right. My mum has a land-line and that's it. No broadband and doesn't want broadband. On the products page of her account it says 'You could get £8 a month off your BT landline
You'll be eligible for a discount if you don't have broadband at home - with BT or any other provider.' now as far as I understand reading this she is entitled to it as she has no broadband. If I click on the 'check eligibility' I get the following message 'It looks like you've got broadband at your property already or a phone line package, which means we won't be able to give you a discount on your landline. If we've got that wrong, please give us a call on 0800 587 0231 to let us know.' Now I've rung this number and spoke to people so many times I know the number off by heart. Now stick with me, around 4 years ago there was broadband at the address as I lived there, it was with plusnet in my name and just the broadband on a rolling deal, my mum still held the land line in her name, when I moved I took the broadband with me and the line rental was still kept by mum and nothing on that ever changed. Now the account is so old on the broadband plusnet can't even find it now. They have said to me that I need BT to do a 'types clear query' as there must still be a tag on the land line saying there's broadband there, which obviously there isn't. BT have said so many different things now I've lost track of them all. The last ended with the advisor telling me that the £8 off a month is for people that cannot get broadband at all. Now don't get me wrong but there isn't a land-line anywhere that can't get some sort of broadband so I don't believe this at all. Can someone please tell me what the hell I need to do to get this discount applied and what needs to be done to get it. My next step is OFCOM as BT seem to have no interest in helping more sort this. Someone pleeeeeeeease help me as I'm going mad trying to sort this and no one is willing to help at customer service. Thanks in advanced.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot get the £8 discount on line rental

Welcome to this user forum. @Steven_316 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Brilliant thank you for that.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Steven_316,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry you've had a difficult time in getting the Line Rental Only discount added onto your Mother's account. As long as there isn't an active Broadband service at that property I'll be able get that discount added to that account.

I've sent you an private message , with details on how to contact the moderation team. Please can you follow those instruction and we'll get this investigated.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings