Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Cannot receive incoming calls number not in service message

Sorry if this goes on a bit just hoping that a moderator will pick it up

Did send this direct to a moderator last week but received a reply and was told to post to the community first - I was hoping this was going to get sorted this morning by openreach - have checked mybt and it says that the fault is resolved - but guess what still cannot receive incoming calls (not in service message still in place) and now cannot make outgoing calls - have just spoken to bt faults and they are at a loss as to what is happening -

Previous message sent to moderator

Morning, wonder if someone can help as I seem to ge getting nowhere fast with this problem - moved over from NOWTV to BT on the 14th of May and have found that although we can make calls and the broadband is working ok we have not been able to receive incoming calls since the changeover, only found this out when a family member called us on the 23rd to say there was a problem with the line , message states ""Sorry the number you have dialled is not in service" - had an engineer visit on the 27th who could find no fault with the line internally and also at the box down the road. Have spoken to several other people (around 10) within BT , still to no avail, but another engineering visit is booked for 1st June but I'm not hopeful of a result - we have been at this address for 4 years, the initial service was with TalkTalk and for the last year we have been with NOWTV - after reading posts on this site it looks as if it's a number porting problem - I've received several odd text messages and emails from BT regarding engineer visits and fault reports which BT can't explain including a text message and email telling me that "sorry you are leaving BT your service will end on the 29 May" I did insist on an email from BT confirming my service would not terminate, which I have received - as I mentioned before I have read similar posts on this site and the problem seems to be exactly the same - is this something you could assist with ? -

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Message 2 of 13

Re: Cannot receive incoming calls number not in service message

Hi @MrCrouton and thanks for posting.

When you moved service providers did you try to bring your number across?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

if you dial 17070 do you hear your number repeated?

was number originally issued by BT or was it originally from TT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

When I could dial out (up until this morning) when dialling 17070 it gave the correct number. When we moved here 4 years ago the initial connection was through TT and them we moved to NOWTV for the last 12 months prior to moving to BT 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Yes we did request to move number across to BT when we completed application ,When I could dial out (up until this morning) when dialling 17070 it gave the correct number. When we moved here 4 years ago the initial connection was through TT and them we moved to NOWTV for the last 12 months prior to moving to BT 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

45 minutes talking to faults in Belfast ! (I’m in Suffolk) they could not explain what the fault was, they couldn’t speak to the Openreach call centre (in India) as it’s closed - have raised another  complaint - another engineer booked for Wednesday - now up to 120 minutes of talking to BT without resolution and no incoming calls since transferring to BT on 14th May - Promised a call back On my mobile by fault manager to explain , but nothing yet 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

if your number was initially given to you by TT and not transferred 4 yrs ago from another provider and then it was transferred to NOWtv and you are now trying to transfer it to BT it may be that the number has been returned to TT as the number originator. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

imjolly - thanks for response, after previously reading through old posts on this site, that's what I have also thought and have been trying to tell BT this since last week but it seems they think they need to send out an engineer to fix it. Hopefully they guy in Belfast listened to me earlier today and it's on its way to getting resolved for Wednesday Also surprised to get confirmation "We're sorry your leaving us" letter from BT in the post today , hoping this was a mistake and I'll still be connected in the morning

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Hi @MrCrouton,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry you're not able to receive incoming calls. It sounds like the number hasn't fully switched over to BT and part of the number is still being routed to the old provider. The engineer should be able to get Openreach to fix this when he visits on Wednesday. If after the visit you are still unable to make outgoing calls, please post back and I'll take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Thanks
0 Ratings