cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Changed number

Hello, I've currently changed name on my BT (from ex to mine). I wanted to keep the number i had, but it's changed now. I want my old number back, especially in these times when i can't update it basically nowhere. Also i was tols that internet will be good and honestly my neighbours have better signal at mine than i have in my own apartment. Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changed number

You can't change name on the account, It sounds like a new account was created and a working line takeover done, your account took over and closed your ex-partner/husbands account.

You can contact BT and ask for a renumber request and provide the preferred number you previously had.
There is no guarantee of a renumber and there's a fee for doing so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thats the thing because when we broken up more than year and a half, its stayed on his name, but my address and banking account and that guy from bt i was talking to asked me if i want to keep my number or change it, i wanted to keep it and now have problem, because in these days will need to call everywhere that i have different number 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

And when i wven called to bt, she said to write it here, im getting really mad about it 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Jana,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you feel annoyed trying to get your old number back.  We can pick this up and check if there is anything we can do to get you the number again.  I can't promise you anything at this moment in time but we'll do our best.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings