Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ally51
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Changing my residential phone book entry

Go to solution

I have changed my name, and wish to change it in the Phone Book. I wrote to BT asking for the new name on my account, and asking for the change in the book. The account has been changed after much hassle, but my name has not been changed in the online Phone Book. According to the help page, you ring the main BT number, but there are no options relating to the Phone Book on there. Any ideas ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Changing my residential phone book entry

Go to solution
it will most likely be updated once a year it is not the sort of thing that changes quickly
0 Ratings
ally51
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks John, but my question was about HOW I should get the change done in the first place, not about how quickly it will be actioned. The website tells you to ring BT, but there is no Phone Book option. Anyone know how to do this ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
contact Sales on 0800800150
0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You don't need to speak to anyone in the phonebook dept. Call 150 and ask to have a 'Published Listing' in the phone directory.

It takes about 3 to 5 days if I remember rightly to update on things like 118 500 but obviously the actual phone book itself won't get updated until its next printed.

0 Ratings
ally51
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Ok, I have now found the correct answer if anyone else needs to do this ! I found it in the small print somewhere ! I tried the email address, but received no response so I finally phoned the number below. I got straight through to someone who confirmed that all my previous requests had not been actioned. She promised to sort it out. Don't ring the numbers suggested above, it gets you nowhere !

BT customers - changes to residential listings Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
(or email directory.services.sy@bt.com) 0800 028 8638

If you’re not a BT customer and have an enquiry about your listing in The Phone Book, please contact your service provider
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
thank you for posting the information that could certainly be useful in the future 😉
0 Ratings