cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clari
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Choose to refuse

Just signed up for this after numerous calls from international and withheld numbers recently but does anybody know how this works exactly? The woman who added this to my order didn't explain it very well at all, just kept repeating my pin numbers at me and gave me about 3 different monthly costs, all very similar, for it.

From what I've read I can block upto 10 phone numbers at a time from ringing me but how does it work in regards to withheld and international because they don't display numbers? Can I block them from ringing me all together?

Looking at this I might be paying a monthly fee for something when I could buy BT 6500 which will do same job and be cheaper in the long run.

I would also like the option for blocking more than 10 numbers, still getting calls for previous owners of this number over 1 year after we took over it. Did ask BT if they had alternate contact details for previous owners to see if they were willing to get in touch with them to advise them they need to change details, especially regarding the hospital reminder we recevied on answer machine but they weren't interested. I am aware that that's not BT's responsibility though.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Choose to refuse

Choose to refuse will only block witheld numbers it if a number had been displayed. It will not block international numbered that show as unavailable.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

It does not block unavailable, international and will only block withheld if you tell it to block the last number, but it does not tell you what it is, so its not much use for that.

The first month is normally free, bu you would be better off buying the new BT 6500 phone.

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Should have said or if a number has been displayed
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Clari
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for replies.

My phone doesn't display a number for international or withheld so looks like I'll be ordering the BT 6500 instead.

0 Ratings