Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith66
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Cold calls and scam calls

Go to solution

We are plagued with nuisance calls of all types on our BT land line
At the moment the several times a day calls are from people with a heavy foreign accent who know my name but can hardly pronounce my name - they want to ask me questions but I refuse and so it goes on day after day - many times a day
We have been registered with the TPS for several years which has  had little effect
We have had BT call protect for quite a time too but when I block the last call they call again on a different number
Also we get the “false “ BT calls saying that our I P address or BT Wi-fi etc has been compromised or hacked or something similar
We also get the “false “ Microsoft calls representing that something is wrong with our computer
We also get cold calls about loft insulation boilers oven cleaning PPI Pension advice etc etc etc

Is the BT 8610 Quad Telephone system  with Nuisance Call Blocker a good solution ? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cold calls and scam calls

Go to solution

Hi @Keith66   The simple answer is yes. I’ve had the 8610 and others for years and they stopped nuisance calls immediately. They now have given up even trying. I currently have the Premium Phone which has a massive advantage of sharing allowed contacts with my mobile and emails. 

Keith66
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you 

Do I buy this from BT ? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Keith66   

You don’t have to, it is best to shop around for the lowest price. They work with all providers, not just BT. The only requirement is Caller ID. You should note that the BT8610 is an old model made for sale by all Retailers. BT used to sell the BT8600. There are newer models, a large range is available. There may be special offers just for you on your My BT.

https://shop.bt.com/category/electronics,telephony,telephones/11206-50910-58450000

Keith66
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
We have a Panasonic quad system but so far in the BT premium call block
blocker range I am struggling to find a quad system but I will keep searching
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

The latest scam seems to be "visa security" saying there has been a transfer and press one if you don't recognise it (and talk to a crook)

Comes from various fake numbers but always says it was £600.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I had a new one the other day from the Billing dept offering me 35% discount etc. Just needed date of birth at which point I told them they weren't from BT and they hung up.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Keith66  There are two 4 handsets available. The Advanced phone is on offer.

https://shop.bt.com/category/electronics,telephony,telephones/11206-50910-58450000-58400000

Keith66
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Hi VeteranplusISPUser
Thank you for the link to the quad system
That seems to be my best option
0 Ratings