cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Comes up with ‘Number not recognised’ from Virgin landline number to my BT landline

Go to solution
Hi I am really in need of help as I’ve transfered my landline from Virgin to BT. I can make calls but for some reasons if someone tries ringing from their Virgin landline it says to them ‘number not recognised.’ I did port my number over from Virgin to BT.

I have rang BT so many times since last week and they saying line test and porting is fine. Also had engineer over this morning and he said everything is fine. He thinks it’s porting issue as he said can’t be anything else.

I can ring my landline from my mobile and other providers. Just not Virgin.

Please help. 🙂

Thanks.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Comes up with ‘Number not recognised’ from Virgin landline number to my BT landline

Go to solution

@jahmed10wrote:
Hi I am really in need of help as I’ve transfered my landline from Virgin to BT. I can make calls but for some reasons if someone tries ringing from their Virgin landline it says to them ‘number not recognised.’ I did port my number over from Virgin to BT.

I have rang BT so many times since last week and they saying line test and porting is fine. Also had engineer over this morning and he said everything is fine. He thinks it’s porting issue as he said can’t be anything else.

I can ring my landline from my mobile and other providers. Just not Virgin.

Please help. 🙂

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

What Virgin have done is deleted your number from their exchange, but not provided the code to port the number to the network and hence onto BT (or have messed up the porting altogether).

This is all done in software.

I'm not sure who you would contact, but BT should be able to help and get in contact with Virgin for them to check their exchange information. After all, the porting process has not actually been completed - so they should check properly.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Re: Comes up with ‘Number not recognised’ from Virgin landline number to my BT landline

Go to solution
Hi mate.

Thanks a lot of the reply.

I’ve been ringing BT since Friday and I’m being passed onto different departments. I just don’t know what to do as this number is really important to me.

I’m really hoping the mods can help me out.

Thanks again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @jahmed10

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having receiving calls since moving your services over to us.  This isn't something the community would be able to help with so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks a lot mate.

I’ve contacted you. 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Hi,

Just spoke to someone. Problem resolved. 🙂

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@jahmed10wrote:
Hi,

Just spoke to someone. Problem resolved. 🙂

Thanks.

That's good news. Were you told what the reason was? If they said it was a technical issue, that means it was a software problem ... corrected by a person 🙂

0 Ratings