cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ssradeva
Message 1 of 6

Complaining to Ofcom and demanding compensation from BT for not completing my order

I had EE broadband and after my contract ended, I decided I'll switch to BT (possibly a big mistake). After they have arranged for me to get the router and tv box, they didn't connect it on the date they promised (2nd Jan), after I called it turned out that they had my order as a "new customer" and not a transfering one from EE (which apparently benefits the advisor I spoke to as he/she needs to get new customers). The advisor cancelled my order and created a new one for the 19th Jan and gave me a new reference number. 

I have been asked to contact EE and ask them to completely disconnect my landline and broadband (which costs almost £30+one month fee for internet and can happen earliest within 14days) and have been promised by a BT advisor that they will cover the charge. 

After I got disconnected on the 18th and was supposed to be connected within 24 hts with BT (which obviously didn't happen), I called BT and was told that my order DOESN'T exist... and they have no record of me ordering.. even though in my living room I have BT equipment which they sent me..

And now, no one knows what's happening.. they promised to call me back on Monday when they chase where is the fault (which also hasn't happened).

Now I'm with no internet connection, no TV, no one who is planning to connect them and a BT router that they have no record of sending me. 

I want to complain to Ofcom and anyone else I can, and also demand compensation for the charges I needed to pay to EE, the fact that I'm forced to pay for a doungle so I can do my job (which I do from home using the internet). 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Complaining to Ofcom and demanding compensation from BT for not completing my order

the frum mods will be able to help with your new connection  they will post a link after reading this

I would add that as you are using a residential connection there is no compensation for any business loss - you need to have a business line for that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ssradeva
Message 3 of 6

Re: Complaining to Ofcom and demanding compensation from BT for not completing my order

I will be happy if they just connect my internet, pay the EE charges (as they promised already) and compensate the whole inconvenience.. But I don't see how would that happen if I don't spend another 2hrs on the phone with them, so I'll probably need to take to Ofcom at the end.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

OFCOM don't investigate individual cases but it make help making a case with others

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ssradeva,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I would like to look into this for you. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

If you have moved from EE to BT then you are in fact a new customer to BT.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings