cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Complaints - should I bother with BT or go straight to the Ombudsman?

Hi,

BT were supposed to install my phone line on 2/12/13.  I had 5 emails, 2 texts to confirm and then guess what... no engineer.  My husband had to get a day off work and when I phoned I was told external work hadn't been done.  They told me it would be done by end of 5/12/13 and someone would call me the following day to confirm a new appointment.  Guess what... no phone call!  I phoned them up and got told that the work didn't happen and they can't tell me when it will happen.  Even though they told me previously that within 7 days after 5th I would have an engineer visit.  Then to top it all off the person in customer services puts the phone down on me!!!!!  My question is how on earth do I get a phone line?  Do I phone each day and complain to BT or go straight to the ombudsman.  Please help!

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Complaints - should I bother with BT or go straight to the Ombudsman?

Openreach are responsible for the installation of phone lines for all service providers this includes BT Retail

BT Retail get no preferential treatment under OFCOM rules if it is external work that needs completing then only Openreach can complete that
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 8

Hi, while John is technically correct, it doesn't help you in your situation.
I would suggest that you put in a complaint to BT at least but as you appear to be in a corner I will raise with a Mod for you.

Stew
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi Chelle2404

I'm sorry for the difficulties you have encountered trying to get service installed. I can have this case looked into for you.

Send us an email using the Contact the Mods link in my profile you will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thanks

0 Ratings
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks too

0 Ratings
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks everyone, have emailed Stuart

0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Otelo will only deal with your complaint when you have gone into dead lock with BT via their complaints procedure.
0 Ratings