Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavieMcG
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Completely fed up with BT and India Call Centre

Go to solution

Hopefully one of the moderators can help before I lose my marbles completely.

We moved into a new build at the end of last month and had an engineers installation date of the 27th August.

This appointment was cancelled and since then multiple calls to India are driving my wife and i over the edge, Im on hold as I write this after asking for a manager, his solution was to clearly put me on hold until i go away, 31minutes and counting.

Yesterday I was told the work would be complete on the 19th Sept, the day before an engineer was visiting on the 2nd October, my wife works from home and cant afford to be without internet indefinately.

The BT India call centre is a complete abomination, and to think I used to say Virgin customer service was bad, nothing on this lot.

Please, please, please can someone help!!!!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavieMcG
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Completely fed up with BT and India Call Centre

Go to solution

Have bitten the bullet and cancelled with BT, funnily I got through to someone in the UK when I mentioned cancelling.

Such a shocking experience of customer service, the supervisor i spoke to yesterday left me on hold for half an hour before i gave up.

Might not go perfectly smoothly with sky and open reach either but at least the service seems to be much better.

Shame on you BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

As its Openreach who provide both BT Retail and Sky pnone lines, cancelling your order has now put you to the bottom of the list, so you will most likely have to start all over again with Sky.

As you have just posted on this board, you would have got some assistance from the moderators, as it is, you are now back to square one.

New builds can take a long time to sort out, especially if the Openreach infrastructure is not in place yet.

0 Ratings
michaelp
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The response seems somewhat flippant at best. I have had two BT phone lines at the same address for 25 years, i also have broadband at the same address. I requested an additional broadband service from BT, however the order was placed & failed / cancelled some 9 or 10 times since BT Openreach didn't recognise that my address had any phone services to it.  It has taken me a full two months to sort this problem, i made arounbd 60 phone calls but the level of service at BT is so appalling that nothing was being done i was merely going round in circles, i eventually by chance ( ringing the same number i had all along ) got through to a team that resolved the issue although it took them nearly 3 weeks !  During the problems i conatcted my local authority about my address, they confirmed that there was no problem with the registration of my address or postcode & that they experience many problems with phone & broadnband orders failing as Open Reach's data records are so poor & alarmingluy difficult to update !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

This is only a customer to customer forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Checking your address with the Local Authority and them saying they experience many problems with orders failing because of Opereaches data records?

Yeah right.....

Openreach get their address database from the Royal Mail and what have the Local Authority, which I assume you mean your local Town/City Council got to do with address matching for Utility Providers?
0 Ratings