Twice in July, bt said someone else wanted my tel. Line, would it be OK. Twice, I said no, but on August 1st, they disconnected me anyway. Now I cannot make a phone call, receive calls, . I have no wi fi or bt sport.
They also told me that I would be charged £142 , for cancelling early.
All bt say is " sorry for our mistake, we will reconnect you on 16th August. "
Despite using my mobile at great expense , I cannot escalate this error.
I have friends and relations who cannot contact me.
What do the community think I should do now
I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.
Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!
I'm sorry that your services have been disconnected despite telling us not to cancel the service. I understand that you received word from us explaining that someone was trying to take over your line. This is the correct process for these types of orders however when you told us that you wanted to keep the service the order should have been cancelled at that stage.
I agree with your comments about the 16th August being the reconnection date and having to pay for cancelling early. That's too long to be waiting and we are not going to add a charge to your bill for a mistake that we've made so you can get in touch with us and we'll give you a hand to get this sorted.
I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages
Thank you for taking my call. I would like once again apologise for your service being ceased in error. I'm sure this has caused you and your family a great deal on inconvenience.
I had a look at the details of your account and I can see that my colleagues in the connections team have picked up your case.
A new order has been placed and they've raised a welfare case to have the service reactivated as quickly as possible. I can see that the connection team are due to follow up with you again tomorrow.
As there is a welfare case open I do think the best thing to do is to leave your case with that team. They'll be in touch with you tomorrow. If for any reason you don't receive a callback, please post and I'll chase this for you.