cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Conned into new line by rep and wasted my time thereafter put me through to Warren Buckley now.

If you are looking at switching to BT from TalkTalk with LLU maybe you want to read this.

OK pull up a chair and a cuppa tea..

I decided i wanted to move from TalkTalk to a new Broadband provider discovering being on a private LLU i was unable until i switched back to BT.

As i work from home frequently it's imperative my transition to a new provider be a seemless as possible as i need BB to connect to my work. I enquired to my new BB provider who informed me i need a SIM reference which will enable them to work in parallel to BT to ensure the switch from TalkTalk LLU to BT be as seemless as possible (something about it all being connected on the same day).

So i enquired to BT, about a SIM reference and was told yes it was available. But wasn't told how or when. I then decided to talk to the online customer services in realtime chat just to double check before i paid up front for my connection.

===============

THIS AREA HAS BEEN REMOVED BY MODS

Bascially the dialogue goes.

Yes you can have a SIM code all you need to do is fill out the form and indicate your payment methods and we can supply you one.

I asked, ok but how do i get it, is there one supplied at the end?

I then proceeded as instructed to fill out the forms make the £120 payment and submitted the form/payment.

I replied back, where's my SIM code. The customer service agent replied roughly...'oh your MAC code is available 3/5 days after application.

Naturally i was losing my patience now as i had already asked about 3 times at the beginning of the conversation and was assured each time i would be supplied a SIM code.

Her closing response was, 'best you call the online 0800 customer services line they should be able to help you, bye.

===============

There there you have it, i was hopping mad now. She was polite but just let me go through filling out the whole form without any real idea what i was asking for.

I called customer services to be told, no sorry you cannot have a SIM reference, which then changed to, well you can have one after the order has completed, which means basically another 7/14day wait for my broadband supplier to bond their services to my line.

At this point id had enough already so ask to cancel my order, i was put through to another chap who seemed to find the whole incident amusing, which i clearly didn't , didn't really give a hoot either way, was just happy to hit the cancel button and get me off the line.

Answer me this, why will BT not provide me with a SIM reference for my supplier to work alongside to provide broadband, i can only summarise this is a countermeasure to ensure other companies are unable to offer an equal quality of service from an installation perspective, isn't that anti competitive?

Why was i told a SIM ref would be available whilst the rep let me fill out the form and pay up front, seems i was being mislead.

If this is how you handle new customers BT you don't deserve any business, please direct it onto someone who does care.

Now pass this onto Warren Buckley or someone with authority to read this now. Or someone pm me his contact details.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Conned into new line by rep and wasted my time thereafter put me through to Warren Buckley now.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 8

Re: Offer of help

Hello,

If you haven't already, please use the "Contact us" link I PMd you earlier to send over your details. One of us mods will get back to you.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Community ManagerStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thanks
0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks MOderator ive sent a form already enquiring and have had no reply,  how about replying on here how you go about resolving the issue, lets start with why there's obvious confusion about offering a SIM code and why it can't be offered???

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 8

@theKenofKens wrote:

Thanks MOderator ive sent a form already enquiring and have had no reply,  how about replying on here how you go about resolving the issue, lets start with why there's obvious confusion about offering a SIM code and why it can't be offered???

Hi.

It can take up to 3 days for the mods to get back to you.

They are a small UK based customer care team and they will contact you direct via email or telephone.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

ON googling ive found more frustrated customers, well ex customers now i guess.

I refer anyone enquiring about SIM codes to also checkout this blog referring to the same issue other people have experienced as i have.

http://defragdev.com/blog/?p=619&cpage=1#comment-9701

0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

HI can someone call or offer me some help please???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

HI As has already been posted it can take up 72 hours to get a reply from the mods they deal with each mail individually and personally by either email or phone and take ownership of the problem until resolved

Have you checked the email address you registered when joining the forum also have you checked your spam folder