cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Constant quality issues with phone line and broadband

Very unhappy right now with the phone and internet at our house. The phone has only been working intermittantly for some time and the broadband signal drops in and out the whole time. When the phone does work it is really crackly, which is a huge problem as I am hard of hearing.
Yesterday I rang to complain as the phone didn't work although the broadband did, and soon after the internet stopped working too so now I am worse off, and I am told the engineer will not come for 4 days. I wanted to find out an address for written complaints as I'm getting fed up with it all, but when I persisted in asking for this and details of compensation, the bt operator simply hung up on me. Can anyone tell me where I can take this complaint further, please?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Constant quality issues with phone line and broadband

openreach who are responsible for fixing your phone line expect to look into your phone line problem in 3 working days after you report the problem  there is no refund for that period but you can claim for time after that if phone not working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Constant quality issues with phone line and broadband

@mickeysfanclub wrote:
Very unhappy right now with the phone and internet at our house. The phone has only been working intermittantly for some time and the broadband signal drops in and out the whole time. When the phone does work it is really crackly, which is a huge problem as I am hard of hearing.
Yesterday I rang to complain as the phone didn't work although the broadband did, and soon after the internet stopped working too so now I am worse off, and I am told the engineer will not come for 4 days. I wanted to find out an address for written complaints as I'm getting fed up with it all, but when I persisted in asking for this and details of compensation, the bt operator simply hung up on me. Can anyone tell me where I can take this complaint further, please?

Have you previously reported the fault?

0 Ratings