cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RJUK1
Message 1 of 9

Contacting BT nightmare

My landline is dead and the internet cuts out,I have been trying to get this resolved for weeks.

I have contact BT via online help/chat , they run a line test and my internet cuts out (have dones this multiple times with

different agents) and thats the end of that.I dont own a mobile phone to ring you I cant use my landline ,so the only

option was to email via the complaint options,which will take another 7 days to get back to me.

Can't they run the test and then email me the results and take it from there?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contacting BT nightmare

@RJUK1

You say the landline is dead, so you have tried a phone (pref corded) in and you get NO dial tone? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
RJUK1
Message 3 of 9

I have a BT phone and have tried 2 other phones and Bt filters the phone display is active but no dial tone or

crackling or anything completly dead, people have tried to ring me, at their end they hear a ring tone but my end nothing.And if someones does ring the internet drops, as does doing the online BT line test.

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 4 of 9

@RJUK1

You need to either (if your connection holds out) report a Line Fault only here or find another phone (neighbour, phone box) and dial 0800 800 151.

Ideally you need another contact number for you, so you can be updated on progress. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
RJUK1
Message 5 of 9

I don't understand why they just can't run the tests email me the results and take it from there.

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 6 of 9

@RJUK1

Because they don't operate like that I am afriad. 

Are you able to use another phone (neighbour/phone box) to report it?  Have you tried the link I gave you? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
RJUK1
Message 7 of 9

I borrowed a friends mobile rang BT on 150 automated voice choose a service etc.

Please enter the number of the phone you have a problem with , And I cant if i input my dead landine number

into the mobile it Stops the call to BT and rings the number.This kafkaesque nightmare has gone on to long ,

ending my contract and moving else where , shame the service was ok up until this point.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@RJUK1 wrote:

I borrowed a friends mobile rang BT on 150 automated voice choose a service etc.

Please enter the number of the phone you have a problem with , And I cant if i input my dead landine number

into the mobile it Stops the call to BT and rings the number.This kafkaesque nightmare has gone on to long ,

ending my contract and moving else where , shame the service was ok up until this point.

Changing providers will not resolve your line problem as they all use the same OPenreach network except Virgin 

CJT80
Expert
Message 9 of 9

@RJUK1 with respect did you read my reply? 

I advised you to ring 0800 800 151

You get an automated response asking how they can help, I suggest you say fix a faulty phone line. 

As @john46 changing provider won't fix the issue. 

Alternativly try reporting it online if you connection works. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings