Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dibdab
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cordless phone problems

Go to solution

Yesterday I suddenly found that a cordless phone that I had used for years lost its dial tone, I could not make or receive calls. When I dialled a number I heard the usual number tones then nothing.

I tried phone without filter, without powerline,direct into the hub. No luck. I changed batteries then used a different phone, same problem. BT checked my line and no fault. At present I am having to use a corded phone (works perfectly)which is driving us crackers as we now have no answer machine and we cannot move phone to convenient locations.

I have contacte BT via chatline but after about 30 minutes of being advised to try all the remedies already tried I was offerred they conact bservice engineer at my expense. The helpline was ended at this point.

Would be exremely grateful for any help that anyone can offer.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
captainweird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cordless phone problems

Go to solution

Sounds like your base station has lost it's connection to the handset, or has failed. The menus on the handset often have a pairing setting -you could see if that's gone wrong. Do the handets have an indicator to show they see the base station?

Only other thing I've seen is if I put the base station too close to my Internet router, it kills the phone signal dead -and vice versa.

Phil

0 Ratings
dibdab
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks to captain weird going to try out your suggestion there is no indicator to show if base and hanset are "shaking hands" but I will look into it as soon as I get back after weekend and let you know.

0 Ratings
dibdab
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

seems like you were right, bought a new phone and it works fine

0 Ratings