Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevio10
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cost of a second landline

Go to solution

Hi - I have started working from home and have until now relied on my mobile number. This has caused some pain in the bum out of hours calls from clients etc - and one last week when I was on holiday. 

I am trying to think about alternatives and was wodnering what the cost would be for a second landline number to be added - I dont really need a second handset and is it's possible to use the same wiring that would also be fine with me. Ideally a function to turn on an out of office answerphone as well? We rarely use the home landline but would not want to use it as a work number to avoid the issues above. 

Is it possible and if so how much would I be looking at? Would line rental double?

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cost of a second landline

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

I don`t think BT offer such a facility on a Residential line, but BT Business have more options including VOIP (Voice Over IP), which would not require any extra wiring.

You could of course order a totally new line with its own number. The normal cost is about £130, but you can normally get free installation. You could then plug in an answerphone.

See http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/landline/packages

You would of course have to pay line rental on that extra line.

If the line is going to be important, then an enhanced repair option like Totalcare would be worthwhile.

Stevio10
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for the advice, I will look into the business option and the VOIP. Very grateful. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

This is a good place to start.

http://business.bt.com/phone-services/voip/

0 Ratings