Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Crackling Phoneline & Broadband Issues

Hi everyone, 

My broadband has been dropping out quite a bit over the past few days (and was a few weeks ago, but got better) and after doing a few of the tests on the BT website I've also noticed that I have a crackling phoneline. 

I spoke to BT and they said that the line looks fine, so it must be my handset which is causing the issues and I should try a new handset and phone back if I still have the same issue. 

I tried the test socket and the quiet line test and the crackling is still there. Could the handset be the problem and cause the interference which causes the broadband to drop out as I have to use a filter for the connections. 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Crackling Phoneline & Broadband Issues

Hi @Forster and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having a few problems. It's doubtful the handset is causing the drops etc. If you connect the phone to the test socket and can hear crackling then there is a fault on the line which you should report on 0800 800 151.

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi @DavidM and thanks. I phoned back and the advisor I spoke to this time around agreed there was a problem on the line and has booked an engineer to visit. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Let us know when it's sorted @Forster.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings