cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mfinch7173
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Crackling landline and dropping broadband

Totally cheesed off with cracking libe yet again that according to app diagnostics is working fine !
Same old same old
Isn’t it amazingly coincidental that when the bad weather comes we get line crackles and internet dropouts
I think we’ve had an external feed to the house replaced twice in the last 4 years and each time all is ok for a while and then bobs your uncle it starts to deteriorate again
All you get from BT is it just be internal
Check phone check box
Isn’t it a coincidence how we get the same thing regular as clockwork!
An old overhead line into an old house which clearly has water ingress issues
No doubt firstly it will take me an hour or two on the phone to India to jump through the hoops, an engineer visit with a threat that it may cost me £125
When he gets here he’ll prod his tester in and say it’s ok
Clearly it’s me
I must be imagining the intermittent orange flashing light on the router and the intermittent crackle that means you can’t hold a conversation
Customer Service is a joke
Why can’t they fix it once and for all
We’ve all got better things to do with our time than pander to their scripted procedures as if we are idiots when clearly it’s a recurring problem
Seriously frustrating
Anybody else had similar weather related water ingress issues?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Crackling landline and dropping broadband

Welcome to this user forum.

This is a repeat fault so will need more help.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Mfinch7173

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

Sorry for the problems you're having with your services.  I can appreciate the frustration due to the re-occurence of the issue.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can get in touch with us and we will look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Mfinch7173,

I gave your office number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. The reason for my call was to see how things are with your telephone service and Broadband?

I've been keeping an eye on your connect and it be behaving itself over the last few days. How are things with the connection at your end, have you had any more issues with your service from we last spoke?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Mfinch7173
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I’m hoping someone from BT can pick this up and run a broadband/line check
The router has literally been going from blue to orange all morning
Current check and from 8am this morning would be good if you can look retrospectively
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Mfinch7173 Thanks for the update and sorry your connection is dropping. As @PaddyB is out of the office today I have tested your connection and passed the fault to our suppliers to investigate. Paddy will be back in the office on Monday and will update you then.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Mfinch7173
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

as discussed--crackle horrendous AGAIN

please run an immediate line check in the hope you can locate the cause

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Mfinch7173 

Thanks for posting back and I am sorry you're still experiencing noise on your line.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you again.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Mfinch7173 ,

I'm sorry that the fault on your line has reoccurred. I've tried contacting you on both your office and mobile number over the last few days. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get speaking to you.

I'm in the office 08:00 - 16:00 tomorrow and can give you a call then. Please can you let me know what would be the best time to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings