cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solane
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Crackly phone line, unusable broadband, called BT oh so many times to no avail....

Hey all,

So basically for the past 6/7 weeks I have been having problems with my home phone line. The line is very crackly which seemed to affect the braodband speed. About 6 weeks ago I called BT about the slow speeds and they said that they'd do resets etc etc but nothing ever happened. I then also called them about the crackling phone line but as I had a case open because of the braodband they didn't seem that bothered about the line, infact the operator even claimed that it was his line that was crackly.

2 weeks ago we had about a week of nice weather.... The line stopped crackling and the internet speeds returned to normal, I thought great BT has actually done something about the line. Unfortunately it rained over the weekend and boom, the crackling returned along with the slow speeds.

I don't really know where to take my problem other than here as I have called BT so many times and I'm getting sick of spending 30/45 minutes on the phone to be told that nothing is wrong.

Any suggestions/help would be great

Thanks

Sam

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Crackly phone line, unusable broadband, called BT oh so many times to no avail....

you need to only report the noisy phone line it is not a broadband problem once the noise is solved your broadband will improve automatically report the noisy phone line on 151 with no mention of broadband
0 Ratings