cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunsolve
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Customer expectation - Improve by 1000% ?

Go to solution

Just a quick post. Customer Feedback.

From your own website, BT...

A new line - 14 days

An Internet service - 10 days

Moving house *not advertised on the website* - you are offline for 21 days! Woo Hoo! What? What the ?????

From your service centre (poor souls):

Your service re-establishment willl take place on day 'X' (21 days from now)

When asked why it was going to take so long the poor guy started such a line of BS that I really felt sorry for him. That he feels compelled to lie so blatantly to cover such a rubbish part of the service.

What actually happened....

We'll start pulling our fingers out on day 'X' and we put a splitter in the post. Nice. (I have about 10 now!)

On Day X+1 - we'll say you have a service *by the end of the day* ...?

I'm still waiting. I have dial tone but the robot voice can't recognise any dialled numbers. No incoming calls recognise the number.

Observation1: I'm keeping the same number & moving to a house that, like my former one has VDSL. It's a mile away. My number isn't changing. What on earth are those extra ******! 7 days for? It only takes 14 to get a new line put in and that includes 'easier' cable laying... You don't even have to choose a number from the pool of 'spares' for this STD code.

It's now 14:51 on day X+1. Do you think you're going to bill me for this *non* service from day 'X'?

Methinks its ombudsman time if you do, since if you multiply all the house 'moves' by the pounds that get charged for periods when you fail to supply the service (& that would be a *working* phoneline at minimum) that will be a tidy sum. Something that ombudmsen and newspapers like to get their hands on.

Suggestion:

This one is really, really easy. Please listen carefully because this is hilarious and !free! (I would love to work for Half Price WaterHouse Coopers Liarbrand and get my £1M bonus for this consultation...)

When you send a customer a service *activation* date, send them the day ***after*** the service actually comes online and make sure that it actually comes online at some user friendly time like say 23:50 of the day *before*. I *promise* you, your customers will love you and sing your praises when their nice new shiny service is there and waiting for them ontheir activation-day.

Observation2: You ceased my service at my former address on 00:10 of the day I asked it to be ceased (yes, I was up and working and watched the hub lose its wan link) which was slightly irritating because I wanted to send some final meter readings to my utilities suppliers via the Web. Meh! So be it. I asked for cessation of services and you did it...  amazingly punctually.

My point is - I work in IT infrastructure so I know - that all these changes are done in software now. You will be running virtual switches etc with software frontends for technical (or not so technical) staff to make changes. You probably batch run certain jobs. The difference in your effort required to make a change on a particular date plus or minus 5 days is negligible. You could have had my service up and running in 5 days - allowing for all your admin processes and a day or two of slack.

You don't need to be so contemptuous of your teeny weeny, dime a dozen private customers. If you treated us a bit better we might even say 'Thank you and well done!' Let's get the feelgood back into domestic serice supplies. It's really not a technical issue.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Customer expectation - Improve by 1000% ?

Go to solution

Hi @sunsolve and welcome.

I'm sorry there's been a delay in getting you connected. I can help. Can you please send me over your details using the contact the moderators link in my profile. Once I have your details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sunsolve
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you David for your kind reply.

From here - what a wind-up:

============================================================

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/homemove/?s_cid=con_fly_mybt_mybt_moving

**We'll make your move simple**

Let us take some of the stress out of moving home by working to get your service up and running for the day you move in.

• We'll check what services are available in your new home. If there's already a working line there we can have it up and running within a couple of days. And if we need to put in a new line, it usually takes up to 15 working days.

And that's it! You're all set.

============================================================

So why do I get 21 days - now going into 23 ? And certainly a million miles from 'running from the day you move in' (same page). I only gave 7 days notice ! Shame on me. I'm only moving the exact same service from one line to another in the *same* exchange and on the same generation of equipment (if not on the same virtual switch) to replace the same service given to the previous house owner.

Even if your support team in India could see an actual work order being progressed that would help but it seems they are fed the same information that I can see on 'My BT'. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I know it's late now and I've missed you - guttingly I see a 'last visited' on your page of 20:30 (I was there 20:31 - unless that was my timestamp?) Anyway, thanks for replying.

By the way - deadlock letters - 'can be asked for at any time'.

https://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/CustomerComplaintsCode/Comp...

I do have cable running past the door so I could chance it with 'them' ! (& we'll carry on piggy backing on our friend/neighbours WiFi) Why would it be a bad idea for us to take this option? (Assuming there's not another nasty clause somewhere about that.)

My wife who has MS and has been housebound uses the Internet a lot and it is shameful that she's been bed bound for days without this service. Plenty of people in the world don't have any of this so we're crying over spilt champagne but it still sucks to be 'teased' in this manner.

Alex

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@sunsolve

The sales ref and vol number are personal data and should not be posred on this public forum.

Please can you edit your post to remove that data.

You can insert it in the "contact the mods" form, as that is private.

0 Ratings
sunsolve
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Yeh - done. I left the postcode out !

Finally spotted the 'Contact the mods' link on David's profile page. Emailed a whinge to you.

Still waiting for broadband. Got vox 20 mins ago. Can't ring anyone though now, it's too late. Smiley Sad

A.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks, it was for you own personal protection, and is against forum rules anyway.

If you have fillled in the contact form, keep a note of the enquiry number, but do not post it here.

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved.

0 Ratings
sunsolve
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. You guys rock.

I'm in a team of 3 covering US and EMEA for more server/storage/FC network infrastructure equipment types (add OS's and RDBMS's for my own personal sins) than I can shake a stick at. I know it sux when there just aren't enough 'boots on the ground'. Unless something goes radically wrong this wil be an ex-problem by the time you look into it. If however there's a real 'feedback' route the 'getting your dates right' comment really ought to be considered (I think).

I bet it'll all appear at 23:55 and we'll all lack the energy to care so much, the morning after...

Would like to see some real numbers of 'days to service' on those glossy Web 'Front pages' for My BT right now!

Alex..

0 Ratings
sunsolve
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I thought I was joking. Internet online between 23:40 and 23:55. Replugged into the master socket properly and all is well. I'm going to bed now - it's gone midnight. BT take service away after 10 minutes in one day and give back with 10 minites to go on another day. I bet they charge 2 full days for 20 minutes of service. Why? It makes no difference at all to the infrastructure. My thoughts are unprintable. This service change was pathetic. Overran by 7 days compared to advertised service times. Overran by a day compared to what I was initially told. Meh! Crying over spilt champagne but don't expect me to fill in any service questionnaires with anything good. LOL Thanks BT Care Forum staff. Drop this one off your list please. A.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@sunsolve wrote:

I'm in a team of 3 covering US and EMEA for more server/storage/FC network infrastructure equipment types (add OS's and RDBMS's for my own personal sins) Alex..

It would seem to me that you really should be on a BT Business product, especially if you are concerned about future downtime.

BT Business hav a range of SLAs, which give priority over residential  products. Residential products are for entertainment and personal usage.

0 Ratings
sunsolve
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks for the thought Keith! I have an office I go to but I am also a primary carer for my wife who has MS. My firm allow me time to work from home. Fortunately I cover a couple of software development sites so my SLA's are very slack! I can wander out to a hotspot (or the local library) in office hours if it all goes Pete Tong at home. If it was really urgent I'd tether to my phone over 3G/4G. On that note I can say BT service uptimes are high and the reliability here is pretty solid. Also there's little bandwidth drop in the evenings due to concurrency. What service slowness I see is probably at the source servers anyway. The narkiness of this particular call came from the amount of admin we had to do after moving house and my wife who was stuck indoors with an MS relapse was unable to do anything much for over 2 weeks for a standard "basic" infrastructure change - which was advertised as do-able in several *days* less on BT's own websites. It's not so much technical as expectation handling. Thanks again for your time. Alex.
0 Ratings