cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshyrust
Message 1 of 3

Damaged phone line Broken again.

So the line coming in from outside into my home is attatched to the indoor phone line inside a little box located near my back door.

The line has snapped from the box twice now as it really is in a stupid place. It gets caught on everything that goes out that door and Now for the 3rd time, it has snapped from the box.

Ive asked repeatedly for the box to be moved by Openreach but nothing, They just reattach, put on another cover and leave it.

I Want my broadband and phone line working again but I can't afford to pay the £100-199 for an engineer to come out if they ask me too.

Help!
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Damaged phone line Broken again.

If the line is broken before the master socket it would not be chargeable
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Damaged phone line Broken again.

however if you or someone in your home has damaged the cable then you will more than like be charged even if it is before the master socket

you could consider looking local for a telephone engineer to repair the damage probably a lot cheaper than openreach - most local phone engineers are ex openreach anyway

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings