cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mindsci
Message 1 of 5

Decor 2200 1571 Light

About four months ago I bought a BT Decor 2200 for an 88 year old friend of mine so that she could see the light flash to let her know she had messages on the 1571 system. Unfortunately the light doesn't work any more. 

This is disappointing for several reasons; firstly you assume there are no messages rather than that the light isn't working so you don't know people have been trying to contact you and you don't respond to them.

Secondly, I think the phone cost about £40 from John Lewis. Whilst it still works in every other respect, the principal reason for purchasing it has failed so quickly.

As she didn't keep the receipt there's nothing we can do except write it off. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Decor 2200 1571 Light

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you aware that this phone contains batteries that may well need changing?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 5

I have just experienced a problem with the 1571 light not working.

When this first occurred I noticed that there was no text showing on the telephone screen so I changed the batteries.  The screen then displayed text and I was able to run the various menu options.  However the 1571 message waiting light still did not show.  I rang my home number from my mobile three times and left a message but the light still does not show.

Is there a problem with the telephone which is fixable by the user or must I either give up on the message light or buy a new telephone?

0 Ratings
Pe1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I have the same problem. I have changed the batteries and still does not light up.Did you have to buy a new phone?
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Pe1wrote:
I have the same problem. I have changed the batteries and still does not light up.Did you have to buy a new phone?

Those posts were made 4 & 5 years ago so they are unlikely to answer your question now.

0 Ratings